Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Wasted optimization time and work, all done for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just ran across a domain I had there which had more than 1,000 typein visits/yr but only earned reg fee $.

It's a Geo dot-org name of a city but has been showing candy bar ads on parked.com which is why it monetizes poorly, having nothing to do with the city or state. Candy bar ads are running because half the city name is also the name of a popular candy bar but that in itself is kind of odd itself since the entire word is the actual city name, not candy bar name :?: The parked template was a photo of a half-eaten candy bar.

Anyway, after spendig time carefully optimizing it for the city and state which was somewhat difficult to do, and doing new keywords and tags I got a new city/state template which looked real good. I saved my work and then went back and changed the template color which somehow made everything revert back to the candy bar stupidity :eek:

What a bunch of crap and wasted time this is. I have thrown in the towel on this one. Just not worth all the aggravation and hassle to do it all over again and maybe the same thing will happen again. This is nonsense and a complete waste of my time :upset:

Last edited:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are probably better off building a one page website (at least) with some information on the city, putting some adsense ads on there, and maybe some travel affiliate programs like hotel.com and expedia.com - it would do better than candy bars anyway, and give people some useful information.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Dave, you can remove keywords that fall in the candy category. It's really easy.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David,
I'm not even sure what the candy bar stuff is. Our system never reverts back to anything unless you hit the "reset" button. Shoot me a PM and I'll take a look at the domain.

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Don. It's now working witht the half eaten Mounds Bar picture now gone and relevant ads now running. Not sure how this happened. Really odd.

http://moundsview.org/

Still wondering why the system was running candy bar ads in the past when the full name is not a candy bar?

Thanks for your response. It would be great if everyone in the industry was as helpful and responsive as you are on the forum boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom