Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Watch for scam - domainsultan.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This has already been mentioned in another forum, but I thought it deserves an easy to find subject line to be seen. http://dnforum.com/t43844&highlight=scam

An old appraisal scam seems to have been resurrected that everyone should be aware of.

Yesterday, I got an offer on a domain. On reply, the potential buyer says he may be interested, but wants to verify what the domain is worth, and will only buy if an appraisal is provided from one of the appraisers he "trusts". He then goes on to list greatdomains.com, domainsultan.com, and hollywooddomains.com. I would always advise someone to avoid "appraisals" and if they want one, to waste their own money. In checking further, I noticed that domainsultan was only registered 12 days earlier and lists lower prices than the other two. There is the scam, in that he likely owns the appraiser site and is trying to drum up business for himself. I replied back with my standard wording in case it was legit, but on further checking found he has tried this on others in the last few days.

The site is registered to a UK address, and the offer comes from a free domain offered at rock.com, also using a UK based IP address.

You will never get taken on this scam if you are not tempted to buy into providing an appraisal in any circumstance.

laskos

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I had this a couple of months ago, again i emailed him and asked him to pay for the appraisal and when he buys my name i will deduct it from the final cost ;) guess what.....he never replied again.

Laskos

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He wanted to buy iMusicShop.com from me after appraisal. I told him that I will order if he sends me $100 in advance. He could deduct that amount when he pays the balance. Simple.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How about generating a fake appraisal that looks exactly like the ones he offers on his site then send it to him. He will probably be pissed off that you are cheating a cheater. ;)

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spider
How about generating a fake appraisal that looks exactly like the ones he offers on his site then send it to him. He will probably be pissed off that you are cheating a cheater. ;)

He's obviously not really interested in buying the domains, but selling appraisals. You'd be wasting your own time for obviously no response.

Better yet would be to find out what domains he's selling and bombarding them with insincere offers to give him a taste of his own medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom