Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Watch out for this no-doubt scam email offering to buy your domain(s)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aces

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received the below email that I believe to be nothing but a scam. Wanted to post it in its entirety here in case someone tries Googling the content in the email:

"Hello!

My client is a businessman from Japan. He is going to invest in domains. At this time he is interested in purchasing your
bxforum.com.

Please respond and specify a desired price in the subject line.

My client has $185,000 usd for 40-50 domain names. He is very interested in financial, shopping, adult, gambling, mobile phones and weight loss related domains.

Please let us know your preferred payment method (PayPal, Western Union, escrow etc.). If this is your first time domain sale I may help you with the sale/transfer process.

Are you a member of domain seller communities/forums? Probably, we know each other under some nicknames?

Regards,

Robert Brodman

PHP Hosting

Switzerland
Basel
am krayenrain 4
Phone: 0041763986913"

No buyer in their right mind would tell the domain owner how much they have to spend.

I received a follow-up email with an offer price and of course a link to a discussion that contained a link to purchase a domain appraisal on the domain:

"
My client offers 17500 usd. Before we proceed my investor needs only one thing from you:

As you may know all major domain brokers does not allow listing above $1000 or higher if you don't have an official appraisal. Since the sale price is not low in our case, my client needs an official certificate of price (appraisal). He also needs to know you have no trademark problems. It won't be a problem since I know an official appraiser that offers this option (trademark infringement verification) for free as a part of the appraisal service.

I'm also interested in a good valuation and a high sale price because my client pays me a commission (10-15% of the sale price) on every domain purchase. So I'm not interested in low sales too.

Of course, you should not use a free automated service like Estibot or similar services. My client won't accept them. I was working for Estibot and knew they were using automated scripts for free appraisals. In our case we need a real manual valuation.

To avoid mistakes and wasting money on useless automated services I asked in the forum about reliable manual valuation/TM verification services. Please read this: http://answers.archive-google.com/answers/threadview7418605.htm

The process is very easy:

1. Go to the appraisal site and order the valuation with the TM verification.
Submit your domains to them and let them know you have a buyer with $X,XXX offer so you need the appraisal near this value. After several hours you will get the results.

2. Then send these results via email and we'll proceed with the deal.

If you are new to the appraisal process I can help you with a step by step instructions."

Don't trust this obviously spam email. They want you to purchase from their terrible-looking website.

Domain summit 2024

akropolis

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you just can check switzerland adresses here.
if there is no entry, and the client has no fix-phone or website, it's suspect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators