Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Watch what you say with Joker.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From a News.com article:

"Computer Service Langenbach, which operates the Joker.com registrar in Dusseldorf, Germany, yanked the Ogrish.com domain name from its database this week in response to a request from a German prosecutor, said the hosting service and the owner of the site Tuesday.

"I've never heard of a case where a registrar can disable a domain over content," said Ted Hickman, who runs Virginia-based ProHosters.com. "I certainly won't be registering any domains at Joker.com...We'll host anything that's legal in the U.S. It's not our job to determine whether content is acceptable to others.""

http://news.com.com/2100-1023-984248.html?tag=fd_top

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has names with Joker should move them elsewhere to protest their ridiculous action.

YOYOYO

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll support any right to free speech, but the site is not shut down and the registration is still active.

What are you sayin joker.com hosted the site also.

As far as I know they just do redirections.

It was not a request by the prosecutor it was an order from the court. It would be nice if they didn't do what the court said, but then joker.com is liable for fines to be paid.

It's a little confusing because this message from joker.com says they will disable the domain, but it is not disabled.

"The domain is registered on your behalf at JOKER / CSL / CORE
We got an legal order to disable the domain [ogrish.com]
We will "freeze" the status of that domain, so nobody can change
anything related to that domain. To have the domain activated again you will have to start a legal case against the government in germany."

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
YOYOYO: it could be that the DNS is cached, and that it'll fail in a few days for that site.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy reserves the right to disable domains if they get complains on spam, even if they don't use GoDaddy's DNS servers!

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice infos.
Thanks greggish and timechange.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom