Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

We are getting fastest internet!! Here in kansas city

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations,
your area is going to get some Fiber!

Because you and your neighbors pre-registered, your fiberhood has reached its goal. That means you'll be one of the first neighborhoods in the nation with ultra high-speed Internet. But there's more you can do — the construction order for Kansas City will be determined by your fiberhood’s ranking on September 9. The more households to pre-register, the earlier we will begin connecting your fiberhood. You can help bring Fiber to your area even sooner by encouraging others to join up, too.

But hurry! There are only 3 days left to pre-register your neighbors and impact the build order.

So why not brag to your friends on Google+, Twitter, orFacebook that your fiberhood just qualified?

After September 9th, we will announce when you should expect us in your fiberhood and send more details about choosing your package. Until then, check your your fiberhood’s progress and join us at one of our local Kansas City events.

Thanks again for helping to bring Fiber to Kansas City.

- The Google Fiber Team

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is that actually going to affect webpage load time speeds (i.e. will loading a webpage be instantaneous) or does that only impact items like downloading/uploading/streaming?

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Berry this Ultra speed internet will make everything really Fast Fast!!! streaming/uploading/downloading/

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ditto! When we moved here to Hvitsten a year ago we received a notice that we are getting fiber internet by 2012. They have just finished digging the cable here and I'll be connected before winter hopefully.. Can't wait for 100mbit full duplex speeds. :) :) Will download a 5GB 1080p movie in less than 10 minutes. 10-12MB/s download/upload speeds will rock!

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ditto! When we moved here to Hvitsten a year ago we received a notice that we are getting fiber internet by 2012. They have just finished digging the cable here and I'll be connected before winter hopefully.. Can't wait for 100mbit full duplex speeds. :) :) Will download a 5GB 1080p movie in less than 10 minutes. 10-12MB/s download/upload speeds will rock!
Hey Stian your are in for a treat!! we are 3 days away , im tired of of time warner cable !!! cant wait to one of the first to experience it!!

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Stian your are in for a treat!! we are 3 days away , im tired of of time warner cable !!! cant wait to one of the first to experience it!!

Awesome! Most of the cities in Norway has had fiber for some years now, but I'm living a bit on the country side now. :) I'm still a couple months away from being hooked up, but I'm excited as hell.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Most of the cities in Norway has had fiber for some years now, but I'm living a bit on the country side now. :) I'm still a couple months away from being hooked up, but I'm excited as hell.
Hey bro wouldn't it been cool if we had this at some of the Tld's Land Rush!!
we be snatching up some good ones!!!

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey bro wouldn't it been cool if we had this at some of the Tld's Land Rush!!
we be snatching up some good ones!!!

Hehe, yeah sure if we also have the clients and scripts for it then we would definitely have the bandwidth. :)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I take it not much happens in Kansas :smilewinkgrin:
j/k

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL Pred!! Best BBQ in the world!!! :) :)

Ah I love BBQ .. Not just slapping some meat on a grill, but real slow smoked BBQ.. People here in Norway don't know how to get their BBQ right. Although I do make some crazy dry rubbed, slow smoked bbq ribs with sweet homemade BBQ sauce and cole slaw. ;) Most Norwegians grill filet mignons, pork chops, burgers and hot dogs, so I have to drive to Sweden to get the best babyback ribs.

I bet you have one of those bbq smoker trailers also? .. I'm coming to Kansas!!! ;)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's really unfair that North America is so lagging behind in speed and price when people in Asia and Europe are enjoying lightning fast Internet access (usually 100+ Mbps) without costing them an arm and a leg (for about US$35).

I just upgraded my home connection last week, because even my cell phone (on LTE) was faster. Now I get a pityful 25/10 (25 Mbps download/10 Mbps upload), which is the best I could get living in a condo building (and according to Speedtest.net, I am better than 90% others both in Canada and worldwide), while my cousin in Hong Kong gets 500/500 for less (yes, five HUNDRED, or one THOUSAND for a bit more). Damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom