Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

We are once newbies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
See value in .net

Jaques

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Legend.name said:

BlondeTest.com - Bought for 6.95
BlondeTest.com - Sold For $90.00

On this forum! :evil: And im still a newbie :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
within my first year of this game, i made-up a name and sold it to an online entity for $750.00

however, in that same time frame, i got "bioterror.net" at regg fee and sold it for under $$$ :(

now.....i get monthly payments from an online entity!

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
however, in that same time frame, i got "bioterror.net" at regg fee and sold it for under $$$ :(
Well, if you take Steen's feelings to heart, you made out like a bandit with that nasty old .net. :evil: I'm sure elequa will keep it nice and warm for you though. (kidding)

I've no newbie experience to share. I'm just pissed I didn't catch on to the 6 AM drop and the timing of the deletion cycle way back in the day. I remember sitting in the office refreshing on Network Solutions "payment" page, watching the domain names go from $35 renewal... to $70 reactivation... to not showing up... at which point I run over to NetSol and try to reg it.

Oh, actually, I remember seeing Buzzard.com as available and mentioning it on my web forum, asking if anyone wanted to register it, because I couldn't find a use for it. :D I fell asleep waiting for Indefinite.com to drop, and lost registering SmartKid.com for my employer at the time SmarterKids.com. --Perishing for a lack of knowledge.

I had the autonic script from superscripts.com, ready to automate registration for me, but I never used it. Scripting was a little too strange to me back then, and I didn't like the idea of throwing money around on a lark or hunch. Times change. The game changes, and stays the same.

~ Nexus

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was a teenager and found "fishing.com" unregistered in the early 90's and did not beg borrow or steal to register it, would have made me a millionaire..I could shoot myself...grrrrrr

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
regged a bunch of double ee not thinking i and my etc would be the next prefix to keywords

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are all still newbies - so much to learn, so little time. The learning never stops - or at least shouldn't.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed30 said:
We are all still newbies - so much to learn, so little time. The learning never stops - or at least shouldn't.

very well said Ed!!!

also, *learn* from your mistakes and NEVER regret them.
learn from your success and build on it.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think overall the largest mistake I made was not focusing on long term revenue streams. I started to do that lately and now make more money than before without really doing any traditional web work on a daily basis.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
I think overall the largest mistake I made was not focusing on long term revenue streams. I started to do that lately and now make more money than before without really doing any traditional web work on a daily basis.

Me too, I needed cash when I was backpacking at the new year and sold some traffic domains fairly cheap

Kind of regretting it now.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:

I bought it from You and sold a few hours later to elequa for nice profit!

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
was regging hundreds of unvaluable domains, and thought they are very good ones!

regged them on worstest registrat in the web aplus.net

gave them most away for free, or for smoll dnf's

still big newbie :dead: buying cheap scripts, which is the crap and lotsa problems, but there is good point about this buz..you are always newbee at something, so not getting bored fast..

stuff said:
I bought it from You and sold a few hours later to elequa for nice profit!

btw, where have you sold it?

i'm owning internetterror.com somewhere, not sure if somebody interested.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom