Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

We should all feel guilty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got this yesterday...contact submission on one of my domains.

why the **** do you own like half of the ****ing urls on the internet? u know, there are other ****ing people out there who would appreciate it if they could find a friggin unused url for their website but no they type in a site, and up pops this wierd site with a magnifying glass and a speed limit sign. Why the hell did you decide to buy up all the urls if you arent even ****ing using any of them? you god damn people are selfish bastards and you need to realize that young 16 year old potential web designers like myself would appreciate if they could publish their page on a desired URL that hasn't been taken. ****ing Sincerely, Your Mom.

I feel his pain...

Domain Days 2024

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Freagin' commie bastards! :-D

Jennifer

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are other options out there. A little research goes a long way.

IMHO when development is involved it really doesn't matter what extension you're using. If you've got content, or a product that is worthy of traffic... the traffic will come.

Crying about it, or blaming others is time wasted not looking for other valuable options.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
haha that's great! Did you reply with an offer to sell him your domain? Maybe you can give him a free one that's crap. I know I always have some crap laying around that I know I will let expire.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jennifer said:
IMHO when development is involved it really doesn't matter what extension you're using.

That You got totally wrong
Don`t develop anything else then .com

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I rarely bother to reply to those --- just hit the Delete button, instead.

Moto Geek

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
come on guys, you gotta admit, it really stinks! Its almosts strait up scalping.

I only do buisness related deals, that I can make money off of, now if some por kid makes a cool .net site, but forgets to register .com, and someone gets it and does an ad program, thats just sad.

Personal domains and club/item discussion domains should really be left alone. IMO, we need to get real jobs.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cut and paste:

-------
Dear 16 year old:

I've done you a favor - I've prepared you for the bitter dissapointment you're going to feel when you go to buy a home, find that you'll spend the next 30 years paying a mortgage on a crappy 1 bedroom condo in a bad part of town for $400,000.

I'll go ahead and tell you now who to blame -- your parents and greandparents. Go ahead and tell them NOW what a--holes they are for putting a $1 million price tag on a house they bought a few years ago for $150,000 and paid off long ago. Tell grandma to shove the shanty she lives in up her you-know-what because the shanty is on a full acre of land, just growing weeds, and she won't sell.

With real estate, you're simply screwed. With domains, just go with the less famous tlds, like .CC, .WS or whatever. Your Frontpage website will still work.

Good luck, Junior.

-----------

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bah dont feel guilty, Just use it as a constant reminder why you should take more, If he typed it in there must be more idiots doing the same :)

Arent most of us here for business and not for feeling guilty about some idiot wanting your domain..I want sex.com, It's not going to happen! You should tell him to register some domains and park them, the more pages "with a magnifying glass and a speed limit sign" the better in my opinion.

Jennifer

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
That You got totally wrong
Don`t develop anything else then .com

You have the right to your opinion, though I'm sure you joking :laugh:

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kindof reminds me of the reply I sent to allfordomains when they asked if I would like to sell only I think I used the ****'s a few more times.. lol

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So if he was in the era where he found HotRod.com available and reged it to make a site about his hotrod, would he let it drop if he never got to bulding the site? or would he try and sell it for 100k?

that would be my reply.

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moto Geek said:
come on guys, you gotta admit, it really stinks! Its almosts strait up scalping.

I only do buisness related deals, that I can make money off of, now if some por kid makes a cool .net site, but forgets to register .com, and someone gets it and does an ad program, thats just sad.

Personal domains and club/item discussion domains should really be left alone. IMO, we need to get real jobs.

Moto Geek, I'm a bit baffled by your reply since this is a domain forum...

:huh:

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jennifer said:
You have the right to your opinion, though I'm sure you joking :laugh:

don't mean to pick on you jennifer but i also disagree with your statement.

i can provide you with quite a few instances where the .com version of a developed & fairly popular .net domain receives at least 1/2 the traffic of .net simply because people associate everything with .com.

you can have the best .net, .info, .us and people will type in the .com when looking for it.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:
Got this yesterday...contact submission on one of my domains.

why the **** do you own like half of the ****ing urls on the internet? u know, there are other ****ing people out there who would appreciate it if they could find a friggin unused url for their website but no they type in a site, and up pops this wierd site with a magnifying glass and a speed limit sign. Why the hell did you decide to buy up all the urls if you arent even ****ing using any of them? you god damn people are selfish bastards and you need to realize that young 16 year old potential web designers like myself would appreciate if they could publish their page on a desired URL that hasn't been taken. ****ing Sincerely, Your Mom.

I feel his pain...

Based on your profile you've got 3k+ domains. If you're going to start giving some away, please remember your pals at DNF who have 16 year olds kids themselves to support.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moto Geek said:

Are you sure it wasn't you that wrote that domain inquiry to nitronet? "strait up scalping". Humorous stuff here.

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want to get one of these letters, Id have alot of fun with it.

I believe the term for such an emailer is "cedar squatter" i think, I remember domebase wrote an article about similar.

People own lots of land and do nothing with them but hold them for resale. Domains are the same

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm... yes... and apparently 5% of the population own 90% of the land in the UK. Those bastards! They should re-distribute it amongst the population evenly. Oh no, wait, that's communism. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom