Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Web Lob - Blog - Blogger - Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivnet

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a recent explosion in the number of online web logs. Do you folks feel this is the latest internet trend or just a passing fad? Are related names such as diaries, journals etc. worthwhile to reg at this stage of the game?

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Possibly worthwhile. It certainly isn't a trend. I used to be people would "finger" someone's personal log, or development process... now blogging is so mainstream, Google paid big buckos to get into the mix. I personally think its the forebearer of a greater paradigm.

Not sure how many people are looking to start blogging sites. It's late in the game, but anything is possible. Don't know if that helps.

~ Nexus

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nexus
It's late in the game ...
Agree. Blogging has ALREADY exploded for a bit over a year now although I would say that it's more the mainstream than a passing fad. Speculating on blogging-related names is difficult as a) most good names are gone and b) bloggers don't like generic names like whatever-blog.com. Just my two cents.

vivnet

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nexus and nameslave - your opinions are always very valuable to me - Yes it's true that blogging has been around for a while but I think the mainstream is starting to join in. Whether most bloggers might not want the name blog in their domain name - I think some might. But you are both right - most good names are taken - I guess I have to pick a trend earlier next time!:undecided

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am hoping with video getting better that vlogging is the next transition.. I grabbed these as speculative buys

vlogs.net
vlog.biz
vlog.us
vlogging.net
vlogging.us

Some interesting reading on Vlogging..

http://webreference.com/new/030306.html

http://stevenf.com/mt/archives/000190.php

http://www.timshelarts.com/dustinthelight/archives/00000773.htm

I dont see the article right now..but the best insight was that Vlogging will let the regular Joe Compete with TV editorialist, with TV Political debates etc..

The guys opinion was that that will be the true area where volgs will explode.. Think about it for a second instead of turning a blow hard like Fox's Bill O'Reillly .. you can pick your favorite blow hard from literally thoasands of aspiring political "editorials, sinnesters whatever... and out of those thoasnds you'll have a few that will rise to the top..

The Matt Drudges of the world speaking out to the world in their own Nightly/weekly vlogging broadcast

I can see it happening so It was worth $40 on a few names for me...

vivnet

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow - thanks bidawinner for the fantastic links! Video logs or vlogs seem to be the next trend - you picked good names! I think I'm too late for that too as all the good ones are taken as well. Any opinions on Multimedia Logs or MLogs?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vivnet
Wow - thanks bidawinner for the fantastic links! Video logs or vlogs seem to be the next trend - you picked good names! I think I'm too late for that too as all the good ones are taken as well. Any opinions on Multimedia Logs or MLogs?

No, not too late.. just a few minutes ago I picked up a couple more.. while I was telling you about the great uses for Vlogs for the drudge types.. well I didnt mention the obvious use.. sexblogs are OK .. but you just know once you add video that SexVlogs will be rampant..

so I picked up..SexVlog.com and SexVlogs.com :) :laugh:

Now dont get a wild hair and reg a bunch a names that dont make sense ..but .. think of the obvious uses.. and see whats' available..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom