Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Websites and businesses for sale with NO reserve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If a seller is listing a website/business for sale on ebay with no reserve and I bid on it and win, can he refuse to sell it to me because the price is not high enough? If he cannot and still refuses, can I take him to court and get the website that way?

The reason im asking is because i am interested in something for sale on ebay. It has a very low start price (XXX) but a very high BIN (upper XXXXX) and no one is bidding and there is no reserve

Jazz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They can do anything they want, i.e, cancel the auction before it ends, etc.

Nobody can force anyone to sell something to you.

deerfern

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ooohh, Mr. Dude, I'm sorry but I wouldn't suggest that. (but good idea of course to do a whois) I have a lot of experience with the Ebay crowd, I would suggest if they really want it, bid now as that locks the seller in (yes they can still close the auction, but it doesn't leave a good impression with Ebay, and I think they keep records of that, so one person doesn't keep doing it) He can also complain if after the bid the seller just "decides" to close it. No guarantee, of course, but ..... if there is no bid, then he's just lost it.

On the other hand, if you are ok with possibly losing it, and you are good at it, I suggest you wait until the end and snipe it. But again, I've lost a few good items because I waited. Once a bid is in place, the seller usually hesitates to take it off, waiting for another bid. Of course once you bid, others will want it too, but that's the game.

So my suggestion: If you really want the item, bid the bottom line price now, and wait til the end and snipe the rest of it. As to court? That's a big price to pay, why not just bid on it now to try to lock it in? Also, will the first bid stop the buy it now price?

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These auctions piss me off. They have a high BIN only to make you think you're getting some kind of deal. Read the auction and the fine print and you'll probably find stupid fees hidden, transfer fees, auction fees, mandatory hosting etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom