Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Weird Ads? Better keyword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just noticed that some ads that have nothing to do with the domain name and the keyword are showing up.

Domain : deejay.org
Keyword : dj

I have a couple of ads showing up that are for kitcheen wares and so on. How do i go about fixing this? Thos ads do not always show up... maybe its a temp. issue?

Heres a screen shot :

deejay.gif

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
use the key word disc jockey

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Arsenik said:
Heres a screen shot :
deejay.gif

That also often happens with Google where some ads are targeted and others nonsensical, not sure why it happens, perhaps some odd content or keywords somewhere?

That's pretty cool how you did that, managed to edit the image with the handwritten looking arrows and also put it on DNF. Did not know that could be done so easily.

Would you mind sharing with us how you did that?

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for some reason

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sharpy said:
for some reason code is On in this post[/QUOTE]

But I also wonder how he added those arrows to a screen print? Did not know that can even be done?

Oh, did not know about IMG code or its usage. Does that mean any member may turn on IMG Code and put giant graphics in their posts, i.e. big screen shots of their websites for sale or other products, etc?

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure, it would be nice, but I think DNF runs fast because they have this normally turned off. If you've been on a forum that allows this, you know most threads end up looking like a Dog's breakfast.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sharpy said:
Not sure, it would be nice, but I think DNF runs fast because they have this normally turned off. If you've been on a forum that allows this, you know most threads end up looking like a Dog's breakfast.

Yes, that happened at another forum some time ago and the forum looked like giant graphics and huge icons on parade. Many pages had more graphic space than text by far as more and more members started doing it too, including photos of giant cars, women, cartoon characters, etc. The Mods there let that happen for quite some time before they said much about it from what I recall.

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was surprised to find that the img tag was ON (bottom left of the page has the legend) since the rest of the forum has it turned OFF... so i decided to use it and not simply post a link to the image. The image is hosted on an other website and i simply used mspaint to add the arrows :eek:k:

If the "problem" continues i will try other keywords but it does seem to happen on and off... maybe i will just have to live with it. :undecided

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Arsenik said:
I was surprised to find that the img tag was ON (bottom left of the page has the legend) since the rest of the forum has it turned OFF... so i decided to use it and not simply post a link to the image. The image is hosted on an other website and i simply used mspaint to add the arrows :eek:k:

If the "problem" continues i will try other keywords but it does seem to happen on and off... maybe i will just have to live with it. :undecided

Yes, I see IMG is in fact turned on. At least your large image serves a good pupose in graphically showing what you are referring to. In some ways it is good as with regular links most of us do not click on them to see but with your graphic there we can all see it.

How did you capture the screen and make it look so good?

Must be something odd about your keywords I would guess.

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used the print screen key on the keyboard (usually top right area) and then i pasted the image in mspaint (any image editing software will do) by hitting ctrl+V (or Edit - Paste). I then edited the image and made it smaller visualy... and then saved the image as a .gif (.gif = less color used = file size is smaller). I do believe there are many screen capture software out there that are more advanced but the simple keyboard print screen key does the job. :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Arsenik said:
I used the print screen key on the keyboard (usually top right area) and then i pasted the image in mspaint (any image editing software will do) by hitting ctrl+V (or Edit - Paste). I then edited the image and made it smaller visualy... and then saved the image as a .gif (.gif = less color used = file size is smaller). I do believe there are many screen capture software out there that are more advanced but the simple keyboard print screen key does the job. :)

Thanks, I need to put MSPaint on my computer. Did not realize it was so easy.

Can you also make a graphic or banner from scratch? Is there an easy way to also animate the graphics?

Sorry this is so off topic.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can be a DJ by making a lot of noise on kitchenware :-D

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mspaint is too basic for any real design job. You should look into maybe paintshop or fireworks to start with and then maybe photoshop if you can. There are specialized software that can do animated .gif images and more often the module is included with the image software.

paintshop : http://www.jasc.com/products/ (free trial) - Animation Shopâ„¢ 3 seems to be their image animation (.gif) module/software...

fireworks : http://www.macromedia.com/software/fireworks/?promoid=home_prod_fw_082403 (free trial)

photoshop : http://www.adobe.com/products/main.html

RADiSTAR said:
You can be a DJ by making a lot of noise on kitchenware :-D
ehehe yeah! Music is in all things. A sec ago there was an ad for chemical mixers ... now that would make great music! :approve:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators