Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Weird stuff happening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

When I went to check my email yesterday, I found a ton of messages from folks inquiring about my "shyness.org" name.

Only they weren't actually inquiring about the name. Seems they were listening to National Public Radio and heard about a helpful site regarding shyness. Whether the moderator mistakenly attached the ".org" to the topic, I don't know. But I don't have any such working site, I only own the domain name (which is redirected to my "domain names for sale page").

In any event, I'm getting bombarded by shy folks.

What can I do?

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
put up an affiliate program and make from the traffic lol

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You could temporarily put up a link on your page to the following:

http://www.base.com/shy/

?

Some irony here when you think about it.

You are being bombarded with outgoing messages from *shy* people? Good thing you do not own Extrovert.org! :eek: ;)

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
also put autoresponder on the email account telling them about the site

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In any event, I'm getting bombarded by shy folks.
What can I do?

Do not make any sudden moves toward them with sharp objects. This tends to spook shy people.

M

Mik

Several options.
Set up an autoresponder for the email and tell them about shy sites on the net if you want to be nice?
Develop the site and enjoy the income if you want. Throw up a quick phbb for nothing and throw a banner and a million pop ups in there along with a "this successful site getting millions of hits per day for sale" :) of course I hope you can handle the bandwidth. Free publicity like that should be capitalised before the whole thing dies and potential die hard members become disillusioned. If you can provide a beneficial outlet to people who need it then you may make a pretty penny from it before selling. Just look at alt.support.shyness several hundreds of posts per day, sure by the same people but these people can become quite a nice core of members, and potential buyers like loyal members. Be a successful board operator/entrepreneur :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom