Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Welcome to the new Domain Name Forum!

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
The other day I purchased a vBulletin license, and today I just installed vBulletin to replace the old forum software. The move to vBulletin will make things much smoother, with new/enhanced features, and the ease of use.

There was one problem, however :rolleyes:. I was unable to transfer the old posts and members to this new forum system. I have e-mailed all previous members about this, and I apologize for all the inconvenience, I can tell you this won't happen again.

Anyways, today, and during the next few days I will be working on the look on this site, customizing it, instead of using vB's default templates colors. :cool:

Regards,
Dan Gessler

Domain summit 2024

Scott

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Dan!

like the new vBulletin :D

Let me know if you still want me to mod for the board; I'm leaving town on monday the 18th and will return beginning of april but will be logged on untill early monday morning.

Scott

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Hey :cool:

Yea, I just sent you an e-mail with some good stuff in it :D
Thanks!

Dan

rhopperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
I liked the site before and I like it still.
Hope it's gonna pick up speed soon.

Good luck !
Reinhard

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Yea, I sure hope so too :D. I'll be trying different methods of driving traffic here over the next few days/weeks.

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey I just found this place with a little help from my friends. will be back to see what's going on guys. oohdale.com

Originally posted by oohdale
Hey I just found this place with a little help from my friends. will be back to see what's going on guys. oohdale.com

you always tole me..
you could fix anything..

where are you?

how's my AppleRat doing? :D

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
rhopperger said:
Hi there,
I liked the site before and I like it still.
Hope it's gonna pick up speed soon.

Good luck !
Reinhard

And it sure did pick up speed rather quickly. Look how big it's gotten today, heh.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dan said:
And it sure did pick up speed rather quickly. Look how big it's gotten today, heh.

Hey Dan, Is is correct you were 14 when you started DNF and 15 or 16 when you sold it?

P.S. I sure regret not buying it from you (for that amazingly low price) when I had it within my grasp as I did in 2002. Not buying it was the biggest (by a mile) financial error I have since I have been active with websites/domains on the internet going back to 1996! I think about the missed opportunity all the time.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Dan!

Good to see you still around, my name is also Daniel, and I am only 16...

You have become somewhat of a legend around here, this is an amazing forum you created!

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow.... what a historic thread! :-D

Nice to see some posts from you too Dan! :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
I sure regret not buying it from you (for that amazingly low price) when I had it within my grasp as I did in 2002. Not buying it was the biggest (by a mile) financial error I have since I have been active with websites/domains on the internet going back to 1996! I think about the missed opportunity all the time.
I guess I'm one of the few who WITNESSED the drama first hand when it was unfolding back in the summer of 2002 AND still actively posting here now. Hmm ...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
I guess I'm one of the few who WITNESSED the drama first hand when it was unfolding back in the summer of 2002 AND still actively posting here now. Hmm ...

Yes, and it was really some Drama. You, Duke, Myself and a few others seem to be the more active remnants left over from those early days! Even less of us left from the early wild days of the old Afternic and Great Domains boards.

Too bad (IMO) the chain of events from the summer of 02 DNF sale ended-up causing other forum boards to get started. I believe we would all be better off if there were just one large forum vs 3 smaller ones. What with all the $ DotComGod has perhaps he could buy the other 2 main boards and in effect corner the market! :cool:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Adam tried to buy the other boards, but the owners wont sell them...

I hear that sale was quite the brew-ha-ha (online of course)....

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
...I hear that sale was quite the brew-ha-ha (online of course)....

If I told you about the dynamics of the old DNF sale you would be amazed it could happen. One of the odd things is no one seemed to know Dan's tender age at the time (including from what I understood) the original 3 DNF Mods (who now of course run their own forum board). One reason the sale to myself fell thru was being slow and reluctant to contract with a minor.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators