Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Well Domainers, it looks like we made wikipedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This may be old, but I just found it.

Source: Wikipedia.

Domaining is the business of buying, selling, developing, and monetizing Internet domain names. Domain names are the addresses of the web and come in a wide variety of extensions (.com, .net, .org being the most commonly used).

Domainers are professionals who deal in domain names. They buy, sell, and develop domain names in a similar way to real estate investors. Often income comes through domain parking and development, as well as resale. This speculative practice often prevents companies from acquiring and using domain names related to their trade marks and legitimate business. Domaining is often carried out as an advanced form of blackmailing, exploiting differences between different countries' intellectual property and trade mark laws.

Some practitioners prefer the terms domain investing and domain investor to the terms domaining, domainer or domain speculator.

As of May 2006 there are an estimated 1,000 to 2,000 individuals who make a living buying and selling domain names, although at least half prefer to remain anonymous to avoid competition, according to Ron Jackson, editor and publisher of Domain Name Journal.[1]

Sales of 5,851 domain names generated $29 million in 2005, compared with the sale of 3,813 names for $15 million in 2004, according to market researcher Zetetic

Domain Days 2024

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But Mr. Wikipedia, am I mocus, a domainer? hehehe :smile:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thats probably just DNJ, i would estimate 1/10 domain sales are reported.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hell I have sold a few HUNDRED names myself alone!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
feel better? lol

I do, cuz I'm in our special club. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom