Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Well it happened to me after all......

Status
Not open for further replies.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup it happened to me after all, thought it wouldn't. I came home very drunk Sunday night opened my email and saw an offer for a domain name on SEDO, i entered a counter offer of xxxx below i selected , i have received a higher offer before and then

"I CLICKED THE SELL DOMAIN option instead of make offer option, went on to the next page and confirmed it again.....grrrrrrh.

The offer i received was mid xxx, i received a low xxxx offer a week ago for the name did not sell it. Well it was my mistake........i accepted the offer, i did not back out of the deal even though i lost money. How do i feel about this - @#$%^&*

Just when you think something can't happen to you......... it does.... STAY ALERT!

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
freestyler said:
Yup it happened to me after all, thought it wouldn't. I came home very drunk Sunday night opened my email and saw an offer for a domain name on SEDO, i entered a counter offer of xxxx below i selected , i have received a higher offer before and then

"I CLICKED THE SELL DOMAIN option instead of make offer option, went on to the next page and confirmed it again.....grrrrrrh.

The offer i received was mid xxx, i received a low xxxx offer a week ago for the name did not sell it. Well it was my mistake........i accepted the offer, i did not back out of the deal even though i lost money. How do i feel about this - @#$%^&*

Just when you think something can't happen to you......... it does.... STAY ALERT!
wow, sorry man, theres a lesson to be learnt in all of this, dont drink and use the computer. yep, thats the lesson folks, dont drink and use the computer.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I completed one of my best deals after coming home from a party...

I had only had a few beers though, so I was pretty much as sober as possible. That sucks for you though, I guess you just have to learn and move on...

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't drink and drive, don't drink and sell, don't drink and talk too much <--- Those are useful tips :)

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Didn't you read the stickers on the keyboard?

It is just below the sticker that says

"Don't drink and type".

"Offers may appear larger than they really are".

It could have been worse. You could have been arrested for DUI.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domaining under the influence?

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey hey! I just got a great deal on a domain, seller must have been drunk.

Ahh next time be smarter :)

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I drink and SSH into my server. Then I rm -R *.

Yeah..seriously I did that inside my virtual hosts directory where I had 150 domains and about 50 sites. It took me about 10 seconds to realize what I typed and what it was doing. I was in the wrong directory!!! BAH! So I CTR-C and looked at the damage. A-D was GONE. I had backups except for 2 domains. One of them was a client. My closest backup was 3 months old and there was a bunch of crap he added.

Now when I drink and hit the computer I stay out of SSH and just play counter-strike.

:)

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well it was a bad situation.....but to take something + out of of it......... i reg the domain for $7.85 a year ago and sold it for $500 :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me of the feeling of being drunk. I have never been drunk (I mean so drunk that you didn't know what had actually happened the next morning). The couple of fairly drunk occasions were so long ago that I almost forgot when, where and how. Now I seldom drink a lot, and it's really expensive to get me drunk technically. :-D

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hahaha.. ah that sucks man! :-D

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that freestyler...but I'm not sorry for the drunk poker players that give me their money :)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least you made money. You could have got on here and gave all your DNF$ away and not realize it until you woke up the next morning. :)

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just think of a good deed u did.

u made someone else happy by parting him of his $500.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lol, the closest I've come to that was when my computer was really playing up a couple of year ago, and I came in drunk after a heavy night's drinking and decided to format it and reinstall windows. Unfortunately I didn't think to backup any of the data first, so I woke up the next morning with a hang-over, a completely blank PC and no software/games/mp3s etc.

Thank god at least all my websites are hosted remotely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom