Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Were you affected by the recent Google Florida hurricane update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

I've done some checks and yes, looks like a lot of sites have been hit by the changes.

The conspiracy theory(ies) is that the new algo :-

1. penalises SEO optimization tricks

2. favors the less commercial side of neighborhood like .edu

Looks like a change for the better, though.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Under the best keyword phrase for my core business, (not web related, but very competitive), my ranking in the top 50 is still 1, 2, 4, 7, 10, 20, 22, 33, and 44.
Next best keyword phrase my ranking is 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, & 7 in the top 10 - other keywords always in the top 10.

I use good keywords and meta tags, external links to and from other sites related to my business (including some directory listings) and a few of my alternative sites, setup to explain aspects of my work in specific detail. The latter move has increased the number of appearances of my business in the listings.
I have never employed anyone to carry out SEO for me and so I am pleased with the results. I have about 4,000 direct competitors in the UK with a much wider base internationally.

Needless to say I am very happy with the results and would hate to see any change - hurricane or not!

:eek:k:

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I have seen a recent PR increase on several of my sites :)

I am happy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom