Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What a pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to agree on this, it really does take quite a while to mass edit several domain keywords when you have to open each and every one of them in a new browser tab/window to edit the keyword (especially the case for mid/large domain portfolio holders who have just imported in hundreds/thousands of domains).

I remembered Donny mentioned before in an earlier thread that the purpose of the lack of bulk edit domain keyword feature is to keep each domain unique with their own keyword. In that case may I suggest a better approach which is to allow users to select the domains which they want to change the keywords and then change them all from a single page (individual keyword edit field for each domain so that the purpose of keeping them unique is still there, just that the users will not need open so many windows). Implementing this should save users a lot of loading time when editing many domain keywords at one go (most of the time is spent on waiting for the new page to load to edit a domain keyword for each domain), at the same time also lessen Parked's server load and bandwidth (no longer need to process a new page per domain keyword edit).

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's the least of what I really needed. In fact, it is not really a good idea to use keywords to distinguish domains at Parked, due to the fact that keywords are subject to limitations set by their dictionary. In other words, variances are limited.

On the other hand, I mentioned to Donny before that a domain search feature was necessary to find domains in a huge portfolio. Combine with bulk edit, managing a huge portfolio cannot be easier.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wildcard Domain search has already been implemented. Has been for a while.

Working on the editor but it's not something that is going to give you the option to take these 100 domains and make all of them insurance in one swoop. If you want to do that send them to your account manager or send them to me. What we are creating is an ajax based tool that will allow you to set the keyword and choose any template for a domain without switching between a bunch of pages.

Donny

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Wildcard Domain search has already been implemented. Has been for a while.

Working on the editor but it's not something that is going to give you the option to take these 100 domains and make all of them insurance in one swoop. If you want to do that send them to your account manager or send them to me. What we are creating is an ajax based tool that will allow you to set the keyword and choose any template for a domain without switching between a bunch of pages.

Donny

Hey Donny,

Sorry for the mix up. I thought the search function was with the box to the top of the page, and never looked at the bottom. Now I got it and it works like a charm :) Appreciated!!

AJAX sounds fantastic. Anything that requires less clicks and pages will be great. :)

Thanks for the hard work, Donny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom