Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What are the Best Domain Name Strategies? (you may select more than one before clicki

What are the Best Domain Name Strategies? (you may select more than one before clicki

• 1. Brandable, Made-Up Names

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 2. Buy from Others for Over $100

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • 3. Catch Drops

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • 4. Develop Websites

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • 5. Excellent Long or Hyphenated Names

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 6. Future Technology

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 7. Generics in .INFO/.BIZ or Prominent Country Extension

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • 8. Good Search Engine Ranking and/or Traffic

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • 9. Hot Markets

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 10. Registered in Other Extensions

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

It was tough to narrow these down to only ten, but I did my best. What do you folks think are the best domain name strategies? You may vote for more than one by clicking on multiple strategies before clicking on the vote button. If you have other strategies that you wish to highlight, please post them in the thread.

1. Brandable, Made-Up Names: I try to create new names that, although they are not yet used or in the dictionary, may be appropriate for brandable products or companies.

2. Buy from Others for Over $100: I buy quality names from other people for over $100.

3. Catch Drops: I use Snapnames, DropWizard, other services, or my own program to catch good names when they drop.

4. Develop Websites: I pursue names on topics for which I can develop websites and sell the developed websites.

5. Excellent Long or Hyphenated Names: I pursue high-quality long or hyphenated names because I can target keywords, search engines find them, and they tend to be more available because people under-rate their value.

6. Future Technology: I create new generic names for products and companies that do not yet exist, but are likely to come from developing new technology.

7. Generics in .INFO/.BIZ or Prominent Country Extension: I pursue generic single or high-quality double word names: in .INFO or .BIZ; or prominent country extensions.

8. Good Search Engine Ranking and/or Traffic: I pursue names with good search engine results (including Overture ranking, Google and Yahoo Listing), high traffic or type-ins.

9. Hot Markets: I pursue names in topic areas with large markets, high sale prices, and/or for which there are frequent "Domain Wanted" requests.

10. Registered in Other Extensions: I pursue names that have been registered in (multiple) other extensions, with a hierarchy of extensions starting with .COM.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks like registering names for which one can develop websites and catching drops are the top two strategies thus far...

3. Catch Drops 19.57%
4. Develop Websites 23.91%

Please vote!

[And have a good Thanksgiving if you are in the colonies :) ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom