Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What are the best places to sell domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are the best places to sell domains?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNForum, of course. :-D

blindchild

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
For big sales, I mostly use sedo or afternic and for small sales worth thousands I have heard Dnforum is quite good.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
webmasternet said:
For big sales, I mostly use sedo or afternic and for small sales worth thousands I have heard Dnforum is quite good.
The truth is: a lot of big ticket sales are done here BEHIND THE SCENE (via PM or e-mail).

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone has different opinons and experiences. Make Sure your Whois information has "Domain For Sale" in it somewhere. I have only ever sold mid $xxxx - $xx,xxx via someone contacting me from my whois information.

You get a wider audience selling on AfterNIC or SEDO.. but nothing beats having a nice splash page with a for sale sign on it.. especially if its premium realestate

Get-A.com

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
plus if you get the sale from your whois or own web site, you don't have to pay any commsions.

noelius

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, what I see is that in DNforum, most of people want domains only for investing, not for using them. Maybe final customers would pay a bit more than resellers, but also I think they are less common.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, DNForum is still a investor/speculator forum; but if you talk about end-users in general (outside this forum), they should out-number resellers by a HUGE margin; the question is how to find those who are interested in YOUR domain(s).

edyst3

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. nice to talk about selling domain. I still confuse about where I should sell my domain at afternic, sedo, greatdomain or allfordomain? Which one of them is professional. And how about domain appraisal, Where should I go to appraise my domain with the professional appraisal. Thanks for the info

brindle123

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I heard on here that someone was getting scammed by allfordomains.com
Be careful.

edyst3

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I heard that afternic has a bad reputation about selling and buying domain. Is it true ? Who has experience using afternic? bad or satisfied? How about sedo? Any one here have tried their service?
I also heard about greatdomain.com , what is your comment about it?

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still confuse about where I should sell my domain

Get a $2.95 godaddy website tonite account and make your own webpage with a for sale email link. No commissions. & people will KNOW you are interested in selling.

NAS125

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oops.. I keep on posting PMs as posts. My bad

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edyst3 said:
Hey guys. nice to talk about selling domain. I still confuse about where I should sell my domain at afternic, sedo, greatdomain or allfordomain? Which one of them is professional. And how about domain appraisal, Where should I go to appraise my domain with the professional appraisal. Thanks for the info

never, never, never use allfordomains. They are well known scammers and they have decieved many people(from this forum too) with their fraudulent activities.

BidNo

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
edyst3 said:
I heard that afternic has a bad reputation about selling and buying domain. Is it true ? Who has experience using afternic? bad or satisfied? How about sedo? Any one here have tried their service?
I also heard about greatdomain.com , what is your comment about it?

I have sold through Sedo and can say they were very professional through-out. , Especially considering the trials and tribulations brought on by my registrar.

And I've never heard complaints re. sales at Afternic except when a buyer/seller has reneged. And that problem is universal and largely beyond Afternic's control. I haven't sold through Afternic but I will. I've met their management and can assure you they're stand up individuals.

Cheers,
BidNo

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
DNForum, of course. :-D

You took the exact words out of my mouth.....

Sedo too for big sales or contact a broker... namepros is a bit unprofessional

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom