Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What "branded" registrar options are there for webmasters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSNet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a "branded" registrar that I can use for my cool domain name and have my own registration website. Any advice would be appreciated!

netearth

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi FSNet

Plenty out there, any logicboxes registrar can do that, but have you thought of getting awbs or whmcs and doing it that way?

Chris

kershnerd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go Daddy has reseller accounts through wildwestdomains. What is whmcs or awbs? I did a search through google for those, but how could you use this to become a registrar? Without using a reseller, you would have to pay a large amount of money to become a registrar (not sure how much), and you would have to handle support as well as all the billing you mentioned above.

I would rather lose some flexibility and some profit rather than handle things like support, fraud, etc, myself.

netearth

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go Daddy has reseller accounts through wildwestdomains. What is whmcs or awbs? I did a search through google for those, but how could you use this to become a registrar? Without using a reseller, you would have to pay a large amount of money to become a registrar (not sure how much), and you would have to handle support as well as all the billing you mentioned above.

I would rather lose some flexibility and some profit rather than handle things like support, fraud, etc, myself.

Some of those points are valid, the OP didn't mention whether they would or wouldnt want to get too involved.

Both AWBS http://www.awbs.com and whmcs http://www.whmcs.com are billing automation platforms, both incorporate fraud prevention services, both have ticketing systems for support.

If you have a good registrar, support isnt an issue frankly.

WWD costs you money to join and keep running yearly, if you domt renew your membership they take the domains and put them under their own reseller account!

eNom is the other one I could have mentioned.

Chris

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend eNom... that is about the only good thing they do offer for domainers/resellers. If it wasn't for that... they would be screwed

kershnerd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been using GoDaddy's reseller program with a lot of success (that is what doory.com is). Other than you making money, are there benefits using your company netearthone.com over Go Daddy's? I am always open to new ideas if they help my company.

Thanks!

kershnerd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you buy a pro-reseller through Go Daddy, it will cost you around $200 a year. If you buy from me, exact same thing, it will cost around $135 with coupon code: RS25OFFPRO. Check it out here...

netearth

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you buy a pro-reseller through Go Daddy, it will cost you around $200 a year. If you buy from me, exact same thing, it will cost around $135 with coupon code: RS25OFFPRO. Check it out here...

$200 a year! or $135 with discount...

Why pay anything... here are plenty of Registrar / Reseller companies out there offering them for nothing.

I mean Inno hosting, $6.95 for a .com from recollection....

Or simply go direct to a registrar!

kershnerd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$200 a year! or $135 with discount...

Why pay anything... here are plenty of Registrar / Reseller companies out there offering them for nothing.

I mean Inno hosting, $6.95 for a .com from recollection....

Or simply go direct to a registrar!

Unless I missunderstood your website, you do have a $0 reseller program, but your buy rate for a .com is $8.95. Buy rates for Go Daddy or doory reseller is around $7.40, something like your Tier 5 which requires a $5,000 deposit.

What does it cost for your API program? I am thinking about moving more to an API approach since some of the reseller websites are not made for a non-tech person!

netearth

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unless I missunderstood your website, you do have a $0 reseller program, but your buy rate for a .com is $8.95. Buy rates for Go Daddy or doory reseller is around $7.40, something like your Tier 5 which requires a $5,000 deposit.

What does it cost for your API program? I am thinking about moving more to an API approach since some of the reseller websites are not made for a non-tech person!

Well, you can jump straight to Tier 2, just by searching the main reseller page for the Easter Egg, so straight in to $7.89 for .com.

We also have the refugee program that takes into account domains at other registrars.

.NET cost of $6.83 on tier 4, $ 5.83 on tier 5. .UK is $8.84 for 2 years.

API program cost, = zero, 0.00, zip its free.

I have asked the forum admins about a sub-forum for NetEarth One, which they said could be added in Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom