Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What could sway me to buy the iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some of you may know that I am big into photography. I have spent countless thousands on the right equipment and I have never discarded any camera. Yes, I still have my Canon F1 film cameras, a Yashicamat, a 4x5 format camera (can't remember the name but does incredible B&W) and so on.

I was not a big fan of the iPhone until I saw this piece in Wired this morning. Utilizing nothing but the iPhone and third party aftermarket (and very affordable) accessories, you have got to check out this gallery of images taken with the iPhone at the olympics.

I know several newer models of cameras (Samsung and HTC) also have 8mp cameras but they don't have these add-ons.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can do the same with Android camera. I am an amateur and you know that not every picture you took is perfect!
Just have to take a bunch and select the good ones. There is not much control you can do from the camera from these phones.

FYI, I own a couple of Nikon DSLR camera and lenses - And you know the lenses are way more expensive than the camera.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the iPhone specs. Another impressive feature is the ability to perform HDR in the camera vs. in another program. Sure, its not perfect but I am not sure any Android is offering this.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And you know the lenses are way more expensive than the camera.
Yup. I sold a 300mm f2.8 awhile back because I did not use it that much. Now I wish I had another one but the cost just keeps going up.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HDR is a software that comes with Iphone. You can do the same thing with some Android phones - Just have to buy the apps.

BTW, just bought the portrait lens 85mm 1.4 - costs me $1,400 - more than the body!!!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah...if you want the 85 in 1.4, you will shell out some cash if you stick to namebrands.

SEOxperts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are yet to purchase the iphone 4, I strongly recommend purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S3 instead. The quality of the images you can take on that are better than the iphone and the specifications blow the iphone away and the iphone 5 is going to have similar if not lower specifications.

Last edited:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are yet to purchase the iphone 4, I strongly recommend purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S3 instead. The quality of the images you can take on that are better than the iphone and the specifications blow the iphone away and the iphone 5 is going to have similar if not lower specifications.
iPhone 4 came out in July 2010 and you're comparing it to a phone that came out this year. Good job at comparing. You work for Apple? or are you just believing all the rumors posted on tech blogs?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the Samsung Galaxy 3. For the moment I went for the HTC Evo 4G LTE. Android Ice Cream Sandwich and an 8gb Camera. I also liked the fact that it is upgradable to 32gb micro sd.

Quite the awesome phone, $0 with Sprint. Yeah, I had to sign the two year contract thingy but was no longer getting T-Mobile reception at my house and in several spots along eastern North Carolina. Sprint coverage at the house and those eastern coastal areas are flawless, clear, and great reception. The phone is simply awesome. I will not renew any of the t-mobile platforms. When the iPhone 5 comes out, I'll take a close look at it and perhaps give the Evo to my wife.

The deciding factor was Sprint's coverage and reception when I live and travel. I was also considering the new Samsung Nexus Galaxy phone. But I was reading something that even though the phone was not made for the Sprint market, Sprint was able to muck it up for their service. Now Sprint is selling it which specs less than the other carriers (I think capable of only 3g). After reading that, I tended to stay away from the Galaxy.

SEOxperts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
iPhone 4 came out in July 2010 and you're comparing it to a phone that came out this year. Good job at comparing. You work for Apple? or are you just believing all the rumors posted on tech blogs?

Common sense. Apple wouldn't release a phone which can't compete specification wise to a phone released a few months before it as well as the S3 being much cheaper than the iPhone 5 will be.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Apple has won a Billion dollar judgement against Samsung for violating patents. Your Galaxy III may become a collector's item if Samsung is banned from selling certain products (tablets and III specifically used in court case).

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

In the news:

Apple Inc. on Monday submitted a list of eight Samsung Electronics Co. products it wants pulled from shelves and banned from the U.S. market.

Apple submitted the list after a jury found Samsung copied the iPhone and iPad in creating and marketing the products.

The products are: Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy S2 AT&T, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S2 T-Mobile, Galaxy S2 Epic 4G, Galaxy S Showcase, Droid Charge and Galaxy Prevail.

A judge will decide the issue later.

This list could grow longer, according to a news piece I saw on TV last night. The first on the list is the Galaxy S III you mentioned (as well as what television broadcasted).

The ruling would not affect current customers BUT, and a strong BUT...the ruling could require changes made to the software of existing customer's products that would affect how the product performs.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
41 mp...I had heard but not seen this footage until now.

Pretty amazing stuff, Stuff.

A camera that makes phone calls.

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note.. It is brilliant. The screen is perfect for webmasters and domainers like us.

The camera and video are awesome.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note.. It is brilliant. The screen is perfect for webmasters and domainers like us.

The camera and video are awesome.
Coming out with (or already have) introduced a new note, somewhat bigger.

And, of course, the fall will bring out the new 10" note. That will be nice to see and test drive.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some of you may know that I am big into photography. I have spent countless thousands on the right equipment and I have never discarded any camera. Yes, I still have my Canon F1 film cameras, a Yashicamat, a 4x5 format camera (can't remember the name but does incredible B&W) and so on.

I was not a big fan of the iPhone until I saw this piece in Wired this morning. Utilizing nothing but the iPhone and third party aftermarket (and very affordable) accessories, you have got to check out this gallery of images taken with the iPhone at the olympics.

I know several newer models of cameras (Samsung and HTC) also have 8mp cameras but they don't have these add-ons.

I have a Canon SLR 50D for photog stills, maybe an upgrade soon, but still Canon imo,...

If you are talking phone cams,... the the choice imo would be Samsung,... unless Samsung got out of the phone biz,... that is my choice.

Read Consumer Reports,..... and S3 eats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom