Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What could they of used my hacked domain for

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone......

I went on a months long camping trip, checked on my site a week before I come home everything was fine. Now I'm home for good and checked my gaming site, arcadegamester.net and it had this site has been hacked on it as well as the forum.

I went into cpanel to get the hacked massage off the fornt, and noticed that they made a subdomain paypalxxxxxxx.arcadegamester.net with the xxx being numbers. The funny thing is the password was what I had it still, I changed that to a new one after deleting the subdomains. I noticed there was 2 paypal subdomains, I also took down the forum subdomain and left the main domain blank.

I did not have all of the site backed up, but will be redoing the hole site this time around. I do need some input on a few things........

How could they hack the domain cpanel with out hacking the password, I made the password very hard and it was still the same. So they did not know the password to change it, plus they had to be in cpanel inorder to make the paypal subdomains.

Also what would they have used, the paypal subdomains for ?

My guess is they used it for a scam of some kind, after thinking about it I guess I should of wrote the subdomains down. But I seen them and got them off the domain, as soon as I could before recording them first. I lost many hours work because of this hacking, I could reinstall 1/2 of the site but will just redo the hole site over.

That will give me a chance, to replace the theme of the site. I was not happy with the site as it was, so this gives me a chance to redo it with all that I have learned from building it. :rant:

Domain Days 2024

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did not think about Phishing, but that could be what they used it for.

Yes it was phpbb...........

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did not think about Phishing, but that could be what they used it for.

Yes it was phpbb...........

Stay updated, it is a nice script but need continous update. Well, every software need update include Microsoft servers and application, no diff. treatment.

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom