Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What did you manage to snag on the 3/26 pre-orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tickled to death that I pre-ordered and won California.Builders. I also managed to grab beach.builders which lends itself to endless sub.domain possibilities.

On the training side, I pre-ordered and won doggy.training (anything remotely close was most likely held back) which also prompted me to reg (after the go-live today) AgilityDog.Training, TherapyDog.Training, and ServiceDog.Training.

Rock on.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Nothing. As always, I do some research using zone files. Amazing what people will register for $,$$$. Use Calzone.org to plan ahead ;)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Solid geo's are tough to beat. But with so many extensions and possibilities, moderation is the key. Yet the driving fact has to be name+extension=common sense. To reg something like california.bayern makes no sense in terms of practicability and end user demand.

Couple of questions:

Does anyone have a link to reserved names?

Does anyone have a link to a registrar they use to get double letter (LL) domains?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Here's what I found: Donuts in particular reserves more and more names as we go along. They definitely learn from registrations that are paid for during the early landrush. So a keyword you were able to grab in one gTLD won't be available in another, necessarily.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So a keyword you were able to grab in one gTLD won't be available in another, necessarily.
Precisely what I am seeing. Obviously the reserved, held back for auctions, etc...are all controlled by the individual registrar.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Donuts is the biggest player, obviously. I don't blame them, it's what a business is all about: to make money.

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In a moment of madness, I pre-ordered managed.solutions, priced at $49 through United Domains. At one time, the list price went up to $249 which I wasn't happy with, then it went down to $49 for several weeks, I collected it yesterday and was invoiced today for the full $249. UD apologised for their mistake but explained it away as a 'premium domain'. That's OK as long as I get a premium price before the year's up. Anyone interested?

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tickled to death that I pre-ordered and won California.Builders. I also managed to grab beach.builders which lends itself to endless sub.domain possibilities.

Rock on.

Hi Gerry,

I managed to register

NewYork.Builders

Hollywood.Builders

Traffic.Builders

Very pleased with these.

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

dictionaryof

Longtime DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... No offense, but the moon thing really has nothing to do with NY. ;-)
At the very least, an apple.... though even better would be a city or a skyscrape if you're going NYC.
Just my 2 cents, which may or may not be helpful.

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol,
I just thought it was quite good to have, I'm sure some people will like it, it's more about trying to get visitors to the site, it only cost $20!
I'm having a press release created and will be ready shortly.

dictionaryof

Longtime DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Ulysses,

Just like all press is NOT really good press ;-) so too for $20 videos.
IMHO, your site is far better than that video. The video cheapens the whole thing, a lot.
If that video stood as my first impression of the site, I'd never actually go to the site.

A wise fellow once told me: Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Good luck!

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's your traffic like? Any inquiries or payments made through your site, yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom