Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale What did you snag in the drop Dec5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I knicked a decent 4 letter with quite a good archive history NHCC.ca
and Yummi.ca...
Missed a couple I really wanted....:upset::)

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't play this week - nothing caught my eye.

How did everyone like the new sibername auction system?

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am trying the sibername auction this week Roy (Dec 12th)...

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There were some bugs in there this morning.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You mean blackhawk I think David...nice grab

was it chia.on.ca ....it shows as chia is n/a as chia.on.ca is reg'd
chia.on.ca has massive Archive.org history going back to 1999:)

I got backhawk, hopes, chia

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I saw - DropWizard as well, was a bug with the bid levels when entering new/update bids on domains. Good to see all worked out for you! Clockradio passed my mind.. but the two I went for ended up being grabbed by the private registrars.

has anyone tried entering their own domain for auction yet?

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sent them one name last week and received a response that they were planning on adding it to the auction either this week or next. I haven't received a further response since though.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah...there is no guarantee they are going to get the names...but they do not too bad....I usually put in offers elsewhere as well and see if anyone gets it for me....you only get charged if they get the name so nothing to lose...

They did get dartboards.ca aswell but I got outbid and forgot to go and rebid and they sent me reminders as well...:blush:

.. but the two I went for ended up being grabbed by the private registrars.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok I got to ask a few Q's...

1. When do people usually start to actually bid ? I just joined sibername and selected a few names all said current bid $10 next bid ?
2. How long do the auctions run ?
3. How often does sibername land these names ?

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. When do people usually start to actually bid ? I just joined sibername and selected a few names all said current bid $10 next bid ?

Once you enter a name it starts at $10 Then you can put your max bid and they proxy bid for you. (I can say that they are on the square with the proxy as well as I got names for less than my max.)
They will let you know, or you will see when you click "All bids" or "My bids" what is happening. If you want to change or enter a bid just check it and click on change bid.

2. How long do the auctions run ?
The auction ends the day after the drop, on Thursday at 11 am PST If bids are increased on a name they increase the time by 3 minutes each increase so you have a shot...not just a snipe
http://www.sibername.com/tbr/rules.php

They have an OK grab rate...better than I was having on my own...
Also...If you look you will see "Last results" in the backorder section...it tells you which registries got what name..

This was my first time with them so I am no expert but I was satisfied with how they ran things and felt I got a fair shake.

j

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They have an OK grab rate...better than I was having on my own...
Also...If you look you will see "Last results" in the backorder section...it tells you which registries got what name..

This was my first time with them so I am no expert but I was satisfied with how they ran things and felt I got a fair shake.

j

The more domains you have registered with them, the better your tbr chances are... ;)

mbulent

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is Bulent from Sibername.com

I would be happy to answer your questions about our new TBR and Premium Domains auction system.

I would like you to know that you need to bid for a domain name before we actually have a chance to register the domain name with CIRA.

Here how it works for the TBR domain names:

You login and submit your bid and also proxy bid for the domain name of your interest.

We send the registration application to CIRA on Wednesday 02:00 PM EST.

We know which domains are registered and delete the ones that we could not register from the TBR user interface.

We also list only the domains that person has shown interest before the Wednesdays TBR run at CIRA.

So it is important for you to place at least one bid before Wednesday 02:00 PM EST so that you can continue with the bidding.

The auction ends at Thursday 02:00 PM EST (next day) for that weeks TBR domains.

Please note, starting this week we will also list some Premium Domain Names that you can also bid for. We will limit the number of premium number of domains and try to list only the good ones.

The premium domains auction will have the same deadline as the TBR domains , Thursday 02:00 PM EST.

We plan to make i staggered so each domain will have different deadlines.

We will send the premium domain auction announcement to the list of TBR system users in 2 days.

Best Regards;

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Bulent.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sent them one name last week and received a response that they were planning on adding it to the auction either this week or next. I haven't received a further response since though.

They are now supposed to vet the names going into the sales auction. It should only be top quality names you see.

No more of the junk I used to see. What a waste of time.

IRegisteredThisDomainBecauseICanUseOneFinger2Type.ca Duh!:sigh2:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is running now with premiums in one and TBR below it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom