Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What Do I DO!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashmarth

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently submitted some loan documents to a bank...I mailed them...The envelope was marked "loan documents".

It arrived at the bank opened and the loan documents were missing!

What should I do?? Should I get a lawyer and sue one of the companies for this identidy theft incident?

What would the result be of suing over such an issue???

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
put a temp block on your credit report, that way the thieves cannot take out any credit cards/loans, etc

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sorry... but there is only one thing you can do bud - add few more dollars and use registered mail service next time or Fedex/UPS like service.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Should I get a lawyer and sue one of the companies for this identidy theft incident?

Typical American nowadays. Its a sad country we live in.

Do you have proof the loan documents were taken from the envelope? How do you know the mail sorter did not cause the envelope to open? Do you remember licking the envelope and sealing it?

:sigh2:

As mentioned above, I would definately put a block on your credit report. Forget the whole sueing part.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and ... no marks like "Credit application inside" or "Attention: Credit Department" anymore please ...

Smashmarth

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I actually had the files delivered through Fed-Ex...

Thank you for all of your advice folks, I appreciate it...Im getting my credit frozen ASAP

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fedex - That is strange. Don't that have some kind of insurance built in to their shipping fees?

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
yea, you can sue Fed-ex, sue them for emotional distress, hassle and the sleepless nights the loss have caused, you can sue for anything in CA ..bum

but have all proof ready and no win-no fee lawyer just in case

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call the three credit bureaus (even if you put a block with one, it may not carry over to the other two) and issue a fraud alert on your SS# and also check to see if anything has been approved in the past few days and kill it.

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Typical American nowadays. Its a sad country we live in.

Do you have proof the loan documents were taken from the envelope? How do you know the mail sorter did not cause the envelope to open? Do you remember licking the envelope and sealing it?

:sigh2:

As mentioned above, I would definately put a block on your credit report. Forget the whole sueing part.
Damn it .. you can really sue for this?
Let me go and phone fedex to see if they can deliver something for me?
BTW .. whats the name of the bank .. because if this keeps up I may soon 'own' Manhattan!

On a more serious note ..
Have you or anyone claiming to be you borrowed the money yet?

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
call a account rep at fedex and ask if he'd like the press when one of the fedex employees uses the data a year from now.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sorry... but there is only one thing you can do bud - add few more dollars and use registered mail service next time or Fedex/UPS like service.

Better yet, hand deliver them to the bank!

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A simple solution to avoid this type of thing in the future, is to become fabulously rich, and therefore negating the need to apply to borrow any money!

Don't thank me for the tip - just glad to help;)

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, all you are entitled to is a non performance refund. But usually loan/refi shipping is paid by the bank and they are entitled to the nonperformance refund.

But I would still file a claim and demand information on the handling of the letter. I will admit, Fedex (The Express, not the ground service) is very good in the handling of thier express mail. Also, have the bank save the envelope and have it investigated. I had one envelope which was opened by the conveyer belt and teh paper were destroyed and the envelope looked like it was eaten. Now, if the envelope was opened using the pull tab, then that is a concern. I would demand answers and push the matter.

(Yea, in the shipping business)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom