Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What do you consider a good CTR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you pick up an expired name, and aside from developing it, and just keeping it for the ppc revenue, what do you consider a good CTR when testing out the different parking services?

Also, what's everyone's desired payback time to make back the cost of acquiring the name?

Thanks in advance.

indemand

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been happy with 3-5% and seen as high as 12%, make sure your well targetted for your audience.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RazorNF said:
Also, what's everyone's desired payback time to make back the cost of acquiring the name?

Thanks in advance.

the payback time for a domain depends on the uniques and clicks plus ppc among other factors. there is no standard set time because it boils down to the popularity of a domain. for instance, you could acquire a name today only to be contacted by a company that offers your a 10th fold of what you spent.
just my 2 pence
good luck.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CTR: I have some domains with 50% CTR, usually those are children or toys related names. kids click on ads a lot...
Payback time: it really depends... but technically speaking if its less than 12 months its already profitable

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
indemand said:
I've been happy with 3-5% and seen as high as 12%, make sure your well targetted for your audience.

Very realistic, I am happy with that as well.

But I usually am around 6-8%

-=DCG=-

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
Very realistic, I am happy with that as well. But I usually am around 6-8% -=DCG=-

Is that from Adsense sites or parked ppc?

Agree that is very good and above average if from Adsense.

There is another forum where some members and admin say those numbers are considered extremely low for PPC. They refer to CTR's (non-adsense) significantly greater than 6-8% being more the norm :confused: based on what I am reading there.

Did DCG see the above post yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom