Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

discussion what do you decide?

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.

durenmingok

Level 2
Reaction score
Hello every one
What factors do you consider when choosing a registrar? The price? Security?

Under what circumstances would you consider changing registrar?

Let`s discuss`
Thanks in advance

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
Hi,
When choosing a registrar, price is the first important factor for me. And with this, security and customer support come along. To get better security and support sometimes I can reconsider the pricing a little bit.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
For me goes like this Price > Security > UI > Support.
You know that CloudFlare have the cheapest renewal prices for .COM and possible other extensions, I was thinking to move there my domains but when I found out how dificult it is to manage the domains, mostly when youy transfer to them, you have to set their NS on your domains before they appear on CF website to transfer, also their support is directed mostly towards Community Forums and FAQ pages, poor support and poor UI which as a result to me their low prices are not important for me.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Security & Support > UI > Price

You can never pay enough for the security and support, reasonably speaking, as we're talking pennies between registrars.

I like that Epik has one of the fastest DNS providers which helps me save a lot from paying Amazon for Route 53/DNSMadeEasy. I would say the price is baked in with the domain, but it surely isn't if you account for more requests than typical type-in traffic parking. Until that changes, that's where my domains will eventually move to.

Uniregistry was domainer friendly and had given me a discount, but as soon as it wasn't, I guess, in their best interest marketing-wise, they cut me off and I immediately moved out as they went back on what they gave me. This, of course, was after GoDaddy acquired them too. I would say they have one of the better UIs, but the support/service went down the hole when that happened too.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators