Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What do you do with 11 year old girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prose

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a misleading title :)

Anyway I am wondering how to monetize traffic that consists of 95% 10-14 year old girls.

I registered the name of a boy band that was being introduced about 6 months back. They finally relased an album this week.

I turned it into a forum close to 2 months back. I have around 750 members and 5500 posts. I did put $5 into adwords and a forum contest that cost me an album but the rest of the traffic type ins.

All I'm using is adsense and I'm making close to $3 per day. Should I expect more from a forum in general, just not this audience? These girls don't have money I don't think. They can't even spell.

Site is [] if anyone is interested. It's worth a laugh.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Music, games, magazines and arts/crafts stuff all come to mind for this audience. Sell to them so they convince their parents that buying from the site is a good idea.

Or you could simply use the sites popularity as a link farm for your other sites to increase PR. This is what I would do, in addition to what you are already doing.

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
sell text links and banner space to the band. lol. Send them an e-mail that you have an interested audience and could sell them ad space where they can sell band merchendise. YOu never know, they might go for it, and it would be the right audiance.

dotDan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
slavahosting's idea is good--if you can get the band to post that would boost popularity.

On a site note, are you COPPA compliant?

Amazon affiliate links could make money--recognized name (parents will feel safe to buy) and they have loads of cds and stuff that people would want.

M90

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go out and buy some magazines aimed at the age group using the site. That may give you some advertising ideas.

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that is a great public for selling ringtones.

blindchild

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
prose, run popunders ads, whenever they come on the forum , some popunders come in , that will make you another few dollars per day. I used to own something like this, was not making enough from adsense so i decided to run popunders too and it used to make some revenue.

glw

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Posters, watches and keychains of the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom