Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What do you do with foreign traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have tons of Japanese, Chinese, and Korean domain name traffic parked at Sedo converting at rates under 1% click/hit. Does anyone here have any suggestions on what to do with such traffic? Merci

Chaiki

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depends on how much you have. Overture and Google have foreign programs but you have to go 'direct' to overture or google. DS (ron and co) only have certain feeds from over/goog that screen foreign traffic to your detriment.

In the final analysis there is the advertiser and the traffic producer (like this:

Advertiser ---> YOU

Overture or Google act as a middle man like this:

Advertiser ---> OVER/GOOG ---> YOU

Domain Sponsor, Hit farm others are middle men. They give you DNS/Hosting etc, but it's an easy out. Because now they pawn off you as a middle man like this and you have to live with THEIR DEAL (good or bad) like this:

ADVERTISER ---> GOOG/OVER/fwht ---> DOMAIN Sponsor/HITFARM ---> YOU

You've got two layers of overhead (one that brings the advertisers.. one that brings hosting or DNS ) But it is costing you a fortune! Do you think middlemen like Domain Sponsor or Hitfarm pay for offices and staff and tradeshows out of nothing?

They are paying for it on YOUR back.

Morale.. THE LAZY MAN GETS NOTHING. Like it or not sear this lesson in your mind.

To rise above this trap, take a day and head to your local university's Computer Science department or Computer shop and hire the brightest kid you can find to work for you part time to run your DNS for you and cut out the middle man. 99% of the time you can do it cheaper.

Once you run your own DNS/Hosting etc concentrate on getting a foeign feed through your advertising partner and watch the profits roll in.

It's 2005. Sieze the day. And sieze the profits on your foreign traffic by structuring direct deals with your advertiser partners by garnering feeds powered by their foreign divisions. DONT BE LAZY.. run everything yourself to lower cost and maximize your profit.

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I understand partially what your saying. Thanks for the detailed input. However, currently I do not have enough traffic to qualify to deal with overture direct if that is what you are saying. Not sure about google's requirements though. Maybe I can redirect the traffic directly to a link portal of different sponsors? Also, would DS convert better than Sedo for general foreign traffic? I haven't given them a chance yet for these names

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
first of all.. asian traffic doesn't belong at sedo, domainsponsor and other ppc places PERIOD

...it converts horribly and whatever traffic does get counted is a small fraction of the whatever actual number of visitors your domain/s are getting

problem with asian traffic is actually catching it in the first place, for example sedo and fabulous name servers are banned from CHINA so if you have them parked there your not even getting the actual amount of visitors that you should be... japanese and korean traffic is fine... domainsponsor, hitfarm, domainhop and so on dismiss asian traffic because it's CRAP, advertisers don't want anything to do with that part of the world i suppose

what i would suggest you do is the following..... get your own virtual dedicated server (about $50 per month or so most places.. you get your own partition, unlimited domain hosting, etc..) you will setup your own name servers, that way you will start catching all traffic... now here is how your gonna start profiting from the traffic using google adsense, they serve ad's in chinese, japanese and korean..

setup a nice little informational "mini site" ..put up google adsense ad's wisely, for example right on top of your page, 728x90 leaderboard is what i use.. it has worked best.... and for example put up some pics of britney spears or somebody else who is pretty popular with the asians.. DONT LINK TO ANY EXTERNAL WEB SITES.... just put up some news/headlines or whatever other info you want regarding the whatever subject you will be covering..... the trick is to get them to click on the google ad's, which are the only links on your page... works like a charm.... all fair and square'

good luck buddy :)

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I already have a server. I have tried adwords with local traffic listed in dmoz or yahoo that I didn't want delisted but didn't know until now that google adsense serves ads in Japanese. Very good idea. I will definately give it a try.

How about linking Japanese traffic to Adult Friend Finders Japanese Translation? Have you ever tried this?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've used adultfriendfinder.com like 4-5 years ago... but never with asian traffic so i've the slighest clue.... but, why don't you give it a try... worth a shot! they pay really well.

you can experiment with all sorts of stuff, never give up... keep trying, because theres lots of programs out there, even activex install type programs pay for asian traffic as well... so you got options'

but like i said... settin up a small content-based mini site is probably the smartest thing to do... are you likely to become a millionaire from asian traffic? no.... but getting a few dozen clicks from lets say every 1000 visitors is not a bad deal afterall.. adsense pays well, you just have to find a nice subject, so your ad's optimize and you can see what you should stick to... whatever makes you the most $$$ you go with, good thing about this content mini site scheme is that you can change up the content as often as you like, and whenever you see the increase/decrease... you know exactly what your traffic is more likely drawn to, etc..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Mike, can you confirm Sedo's DNS are banned in China?

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI, putting Adsense on pages without other links is against Google's TOS so when they spot it you will most likely get thrown out of the program.

ProPlay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Edwin said:
FYI, putting Adsense on pages without other links is against Google's TOS so when they spot it you will most likely get thrown out of the program.

Just place another link on the page that will link to another page of yours with more Adsense ;)

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes radistar sedo/fabulous name servers are banned in china

and edwin thanks for pointing that out.. mkx, you should create a couple of those "mini content sites" and link each other up back and forth, needless to say it will increase your chances to get more clicks and just to stay on the safe side of course'

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't trust adultfriendfinders, they are crooks!

I know this forst hand.

-=DCG=-

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What happened with you and them? They seem to be the biggest dating sponsor out there and I never had a late payment with them so far. Still new to their program though. Care to share?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dcg, that totally sucks!!!!

mkx, they USED to be the best, not anymore though... theres plenty of other programs this days! and.. lets just put it this way... they are very sneaky people... well known for shutting down and not paying accounts that will have unusually high amount of sign ups/conversions.... some get away with it, some get screwed big time.. it happends, what can i say!

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Edwin said:
Isn't that only if it is obvious that the site is there just to display ads? If you have a lot of useful content I am sure google wouldn't mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom