Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What do you think of .INFO now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

I was just looking up Google with search term site:,info info and it sure has grown. Lots of nice sites using the extension. :)

Has your negative opinions of .INFO changed since it launched over 2 years ago? Is it stilll a flop, or an ugly ducking turning into a swan for you?

For me, I have to admit, .INFO seems a little ahead of .BIZ in the versatility polls.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always felt .info was better than .biz, and .info is certainly ahead of .biz :)

P.S - i have not registered a single .biz domain to date.

M

mole

freestyler said:
I always felt .info was better than .biz, and .info is certainly ahead of .biz :)

In certain areas and for certain applications, nothing can beat .BIZ in branding value imho. Especially with regards to B2B.

However, .INFO seems to be turning nicely into a swan after 2 years compared to .COM who will be 20 years soon. The Internet is exploding in exponentially in recent years, ironically after the .COM back pre-2000. .INFO seems to be the emerging new Gen Y.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.INFO seem to be favorite in Germany and other countries which have no problem with such logical, natural extension.

In U.S.A. however, its a whole different story, because not only .com is the king, but .INFO makes American webmasters and profit seekers queazy, becuase the extension almost implies that it belongs to a freebie informational site.

My prediction is that on the American market at least, .US will emerge as a natural winner amongst all these new extensions. But, it will take a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom