Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What do you think of the eNom .cn pre-registration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Can't seem to preview what names are already on queue? I had to submit my name blind. Has anyone submitted names to have them rejected? I submitted only one name, and it went through.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mole,

This is first come first serve pre-registration for enom resellers, ofcourse this will be against other registrar on March 16.

You may check your order via transaction view report....

I pre-registered some domains for future investment...

I would like to know other subresellers if they have option to see this on their account (grandfather reseller account)?
I will try this to my of my account.

Cheers,
tw

mef666

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
does anyone have anny idea if .com.cn are going? is it worth selling it?

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Let me know what you see, tw. Thanks :)

Positive mole ... I can see it from subreseller account. I'm poor after March 16.... but have the opportunity to get rich ... long term investment.

Regards,
tw

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found that you cannot see what position you are for one specific domain.

It means: ENOM receives multiple appliations for one same domain, and you do not know what your rank is...

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If someone pre-register a domain name in enom network, you will not be able to preregister the domain name. Enom must beat the other registrar such as opensrsr, netsol, register, etc for names you have submitted.

Regards,
tw

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you Mole, keep in touch.

Regards,
tw

Originally posted by mole
Good luck, tw!

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have anyone tried pre-registering .cn elsewhere? I have submitted over 300 names in DomainPeople, wonder what will happen.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by alia
I have submitted over 300 names in DomainPeople ...
Isn't it because they only charge on successful registrations that you ordered 300 .cn's altogether?

But with such a bulk number to process once the registry goes live, DomainPeople is actually in a disadvantageous position, diminshing your chance of successfully registering a .cn domain name.

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You mean I don't have a chance?
I am a newbie, as the label says, DirectNIC charges $5 pre-registration fee for each, and the other registrar allows only one request for the same name, so I was so excited when I found DomainPeople, no restriction at all!

M

mole

DomainPeople were pretty awful back in the .info LR when it came to results. If they allow people to "pre-register" unlimited names without forward charging your cc, they will have too many names to shove out at the ring of the bell. That's disaster.

Also note the TOC carefully - if you are successful, you would have to pay for a 5 year registration of your .cn.

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I have to fax them my cc authorization for the total amount I ordered, and it said "Up to 3% of the Deferred Total may be pre-authorized prior to sending your requests to the registry". I guess that makes a bit different, doesn't it?:confused:

Also note the TOC carefully - if you are successful, you would have to pay for a 5 year registration of your .cn.

I'm sure my orders are all for 1 year, and that's how they decided the Deferred Total of my orders. :rolleyes:

hollayo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is .cn going ot take off - I am questioning whether to get into the .cn market or not - what do you all think

M

mole

Originally posted by npunatar
is .cn going ot take off - I am questioning whether to get into the .cn market or not - what do you all think

Think carefully and get one or two, no sweat off your back tar. China has the 2nd largest internet population in the world, after US. And growing by leaps and bounds every day.

Second level cctlds are great. Why have .com.cn when you can have .cn? .com is dead, long live second level cctlds without .com :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom