Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What do you think will be the downfall of Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, I felt like being a conspiracy theorist today. Fabulous.

Every communication method has seen its downfall.

Postal mail. Fax machines. Bulletin board systems. Pagers. AIM. MSN messenger. Myspace. All things of the past.

It's even gotten to the point that email isn't used anymore by some. I'll never forget a conversation I had with a friend back in 2009, when the topic of sending someone an email came up. Her response was "wait... you mean like an 'email-email?'".

Pigeons could be brought back for communications like in WW1. I know they are still about, because I've seen a lot of pigeon shit around the globe lately.

Seriously though, I'm glad to see that i'm not the only one that does not use FB like a back extention on the house to hang out. Unless you are utilizing their services to feed your wallet, I don't get it!

Most of the people that I know that use FB are on for hours each day, and the best/worst part is when they retire from the FB lounge there's no clinking of coins or russling of paper, I don't get it!

Great post Maxwell, I think i've finally got FB out of my hair.

Domain summit 2024

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The downfall of FB will be soon when people realize that it's just about as dumb to build a virtual farm on facebook as it is to making sparkly glitter backgrounds on myspace was.... That and this new timeline feature was a major fail imho. It takes too long to load and why would I want to see posts from years ago? I just want to see whats new.

Many sites will trim the fat I predict.. Make it faster to load and less app garbage. Do you really want 100 friends asking you to sign up for a certain game so you can help them find some dumb in game item? No.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The downfall of FB will be soon when people realize that it's just about as dumb to build a virtual farm on facebook as it is to making sparkly glitter backgrounds on myspace was.... That and this new timeline feature was a major fail imho. It takes too long to load and why would I want to see posts from years ago? I just want to see whats new.

Many sites will trim the fat I predict.. Make it faster to load and less app garbage. Do you really want 100 friends asking you to sign up for a certain game so you can help them find some dumb in game item? No.

The only reason why facebook allows these games is because through facebook's "currency", they stand to make money as money changes hands for the purpose of these games.

Unfortunately, it has gotten far past the point of repair. Remember the days of "Mafia Wars"? That, along with every other immature aspect of Facebook, has made the service exactly what Myspace turned into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators