Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What does "Developed" mean to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hear people talk about a domain having more value "developed". Personally I think this is a cop-out term that doesn't have much weight. Why does it have more value "developed" if an end user is going to do something else with it? Don't they really mean that it would have more value if it had more traffic? What does "developed" mean to you?

Domain Days 2024

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you feel that this alone increases the value significantly?

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A developed website earns it's value when it is indexed by search engines and receive consistent amount of traffics. A developed domain also worth a lot more if it has income from the developed website. If you own "this-is-a-crappy-domain.com" and turn it into a site which earns $10 a day, I am sure you can find people willing to pay at least 6 months of income and thus paying you $1800 for it. What else can you do to turn $8 (reg fee) to $1800 in couple months?

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So again, "worth more if developed" really just means "worth more with traffic and revenue"?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you feel that this alone increases the value significantly?
No. Not by itself.

Simply having a website does not mean success by any measure.

Now you are asking a second question. I guess the answer to this question would be if it is a "successful" website it would increase value. Significantly? Depends on the amount or the measure of success. Success? Traffic, sales, viewership...all can be measures of success.

Look at letters ceuq.com. What the hell does that name or letters mean? Nothing. No value whatsoever. Not even worth reg fee, imo.

Now actually go to ceuq.com. A domain name developed into a niche site. Launched in June 2005 seeing 105K+ users in 6 months, 355K+ users (not traffic) in 2006, re-designed and re-launnched January 2, 2007, already over 40,000 users for January 2007.

Success has come from word of mouth from one collegue to another, one hospital to another, state societies, etc. Getting ready to do national direct mail and email campaign. Now is the time to take one form of success (number of users) and turn it into another form of success (monetary from sales of advertising space to hospitals and medical supply sponsors).

I am not self promoting this site on your thread. But I thought it was safest to use this as an example of what "developed" means. You can take any name or acronym and with proper treatment and development, I think it can be a success.

Now my worthless domain name may be worth a hair over reg fee since it has been "developed" and I think based on the numbers I would consider it a "success".:clap2:

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
maybe you mean- "optimized domain"?, if so- it means domain parked at the right place with all the right/highest value keywords and all the popups/popunders in the right places

i you mean - "developed domain"- it means website.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What else can you do to turn $8 (reg fee) to $1800 in couple months?

no pun intended, but couldn't resist.. The only way to turn $8 to $1800 in couple of months is to buy a .mobi to begin with!!!!

back to turn Duck's Gobi harverster - cause I just realized TRUFFLEOILRISOTTO.mobi AND BRUSCHETTA.mobi are STLL available

PS Obviously worth more if "developed":approve:

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just think about it.

"Microsoft.com" undeveloped is probably reg fee value.

But after being "developed" by Bill Gates, it is worth billions.

That's the difference between "developed" and "non-developed"

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just think about it.

"Microsoft.com" undeveloped is probably reg fee value.

But after being "developed" by Bill Gates, it is worth billions.

That's the difference between "developed" and "non-developed"

I hope you're kidding or missing the point of the question. That's not the difference between developed and undeveloped. That's the difference between a business and not a business. The success of Microsoft had nothing whatsoever to do with the domain name Microsoft.com.
I'm talking about when people here say "worth more developed" about a domain name.

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
most people develop domains into business sites. Or at least they have put the effort into driving traffic to their domain.

"Developed" domains can be sold for higher price because the buyer wouldn't need to invest and spend effort in promoting the domain themselves.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when i say "developed" it means build up a website and earn $$ by optimizing and etc etc etc etc etc depending on the domain.

Although, it doesnt knock a domain up $$$, saying *more if developed* , its basically saying, eventually you'll make more by *successfully developing this domain* than you would by just selling it right now.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Although, it doesnt knock a domain up $$$, saying *more if developed* , its basically saying, eventually you'll make more by *successfully developing this domain* than you would by just selling it right now.

Now that explanation would make sense. But I think that most people mean it will sell for more if it's developed. Which is a really general statement and doesn't necesarily make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom