Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What does it mean???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I or someone else posts a thread about LINK EXCHANGES, the first thing that should come to mind is the word EXCHANGE.

Without having to resort to a dictionary, I will keep it simple - You give me one; I give you one.

Honestly, it is that easy.

A while back I actually requested such for one of my genre sites.

This morning when I was looking at the site and making some changes, I decided to take a look (since it had been awhile) at those link exchanges.

Out of 5 sites checked, not a single one had a link back to my site. Meanwhile, the links back to the other sites were still active.

The only rational thing for me to do is to take down the links.

And I did.

So, for those of you who may now be pissed off that I took your links off of my site, I say...rather than be pissed off, perhaps you can thank me for the tens of thousands of visitors that I exposed you to on my site.

You're welcome.

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Out of 5 sites checked, not a single one had a link back to my site. Meanwhile, the links back to the other sites were still active.

I'm sure you are aware there's many scripts/programs that will check your reciprocal links and send out emails to those sites missing your backlink. After receiving the first "reciprocal link missing" email, the site missing the backlink usualy plays ball as they know your script/program will be back to check again & again..

It takes a lot of time and effort to find the right sites to exchange links with, one of those scripts/programs will pay for itself many times over, IMO.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just send them this email:

Dear Phuckstick of a Link Exchange partner,

It came to my attention that while I kept our part of the deal, you've been treating yours with the faithfulness of a red light district strutter.
Perhaps you misunderstood the meaning of "exchange" or maybe your mother forgot to breastfeed you long enough and your brain's development succumbed to lack of nutrients.
Put the link back or I might be tempted to donkey-punch your hopeless carcass in the afterlife.

Best gards,
[signature]

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Just a lot of embarrassment to be part of group of domainers who would do this to their fellow man."

LOL... I'm actually laughing at the fact it took this long for the OP to realize this IS what HAPPENS with most link exchanges, something most of us learned over a decade ago. Ever heard of a script that monitors your back links? And he's been in this business for how long?

I would say this is more like; "Just a lot of embarrassment to be part of this thread"

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Welcome back Raider.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Raider.

Thank you Theo :) I made good use of my time while away and even had record sales for July, now I can buy that Boxster Spyder I always wanted.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, ahh..its called integrity.

When I exchange links with members, it would seem that their integrity would be a large portion of the agreement acceptance.

As such, with integrity...someone or some thing (a script) is not really necessary.

So, it seems what everyone is suggesting is a measure of dishonesty with those that agreed, rather than anything I could of, should of, would of done...those people were going to back out no matter what, it seems.

Thank you all for the reassurances that I acted in the best interest of all in keeping my end of the agreement.

Seems the real losers are those who have now lost out on tens of thousands of traffic per month...as well as the losers who seem to think the problem was on my end.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's amateur time when you put your trust into someone over the internet and assume they will do the right thing, Assuming they have "Integrity" is almost like assuming a stranger has integrity when you loan out your car and expect him to return it in the time agreed.

Sure, I trust people, I trust many members here, but I always make it point to cover my ass at the same time..

It's like one of the greatest President's in U.S. History once said, "Trust but Verify" Seems the OP dropped the ball on the latter.

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you are aware there's many scripts/programs that will check your reciprocal links and send out emails to those sites missing your backlink. After receiving the first "reciprocal link missing" email, the site missing the backlink usualy plays ball as they know your script/program will be back to check again & again..

It takes a lot of time and effort to find the right sites to exchange links with, one of those scripts/programs will pay for itself many times over, IMO.

Just a suggestion, nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom