Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What does Trafficz consider an impression?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepys

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am new to Trafficz and was curious what exactly they consider to be an impression. It seems that many other companies simply consider an impression to be "when somebody views your page". They seem to be interchangable with uniques at some of them. Obviously they do it differently at Trafficz, since they have a section for landings, uniques, clicks, and impressions. I know what a landing is, what a unique is, and what a click is, but I am not sure now what they consider an impression. How is it possible to have more clicks on a domain than impressions? I was under the impression that someone visits and its an impression, then if they click that is a click. Also, does anyone know if the guaranteed minimum RPM with DomainSponsor or NameDrive pay per 1000 uniques or is it the same as at Trafficz?
Thanks so much for anyone's help.

boziffous

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe an impression is when a popup is displayed to the visitor.

Sleepys

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, my new rep over there got back to me with that same answer. She has been great, they really answer emails quickly over there. I am used to Sedo speed. She said that the reason the impressions are so much less than unique visitors, is because they are only displayed when a popup blocker is not in place. Can I ask what kind of ratio of uniques to impressions people are getting on here?
Thanks

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that certain countries or IPs are blocked by trafficz.com too, which, if this is correct, means that it is not only popup blockers installed on a PC that reduces the number of impressions.

Here is my data for last month. I have some expired domain acquisitions which seem to have a lot of low quality traffic and or other type of traffic that doesn't qualify for impressions:

Landings 1,287,705
Uniques 495,749
Impressions 52,706

boziffous

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else that uses TrafficZ noticed a drop off in the amount CPM's/Impressions for their domains? Before June 12th I'd say that my impressions were equal to about 35-40% of my uniques but since then it's been more like 3%.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My ratio last month was 3.6%. This month it is 1%, so I've noticed a drop, but not as dramatic as yours.

Many of my domains are not on CPM which would probably explain the difference in ratios.

Sleepys

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I started this thread and received an explanation from my Trafficz account rep. I did not share the answer, because I assumed that other people knew all about the impressions here and that I didn't because I was new to Trafficz. My impressions are running at about .1% of my uniques.
Anyway, she says that Trafficz is currently in talks with their pop-under provider and as such, MaxPay is currently unavailable. They are not currently crediting any MaxPay revenue at this time. She says that the reason we are seeing some impressions in the stats is because the Website 2.0 template currently has a built-in pop-up on the screen. As a result, their system automatically recognizes it as a pop-under, which is why we are receiving some domains with pop-under recognition. I did not have very many changed to Website 2.0 yet, which is why I had the ridiculously low impression rate.
She also said that they hope to finish talks with their pop-under provider as soon as possible. As of right now they are unable to provide any time estimates as to when talks will be finished.
I hope that this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom