Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What domains can get $100+ per year on parking?

bazabizo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ive always been wondering about this one. I understand that if you have a cash parking in place, then you are totally reliant on type-in traffic. To get this amount you need at least 1000 visits per month. What domains can get that just by type-in?

Thanks a lot in advance...

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Conversion rate is not dependent on traffic, as much as relevance of the domain to what the visitor wants to see there. With that in mind, any domain that matches a highly searched term, needs to display ads related to the keyword.

bazabizo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
but do cash parked domains appear in search results?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, definitely. But you mentioned, domains with type in traffic, so why are you referring to search results?

bazabizo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe I need to elaborate more..
All my domains dont have any content... I cash park them all... So, I believe that all their incoming traffic is from type-in.

So, how can a cash parked domain appear in search results? I dont believe this is possible? And if yes, it will definitely be far behind in SERPs, so again the traffic will be mostly Type-ins... How can Type-ins be soo high to get that much revenue from PArking?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently sold one of my domains that was making $300+ a year. All of it's traffic came from high authority backlinks. As Theo mentioned, it's not so much about the amount of traffic as it is about the conversion rate.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have to have the best of the best domains to have high type-in traffic and those cost a lot of money because they can make a lot of money. You mention cash parking so I am guessing you mean Godaddy parking which I think is pretty much a joke parking wise to be honest with you. We have had domains that made $100/day parking but those are six figure domain names. If you have generic domains that are receiving natural traffic and they are making you money then that means they are making someone out there business probably so you should locate possible end-users for those domain names and try to sell them for the most money possible, then take that money and buy even better domains with more traffic and work your way up from there. It does not take too long to work yourself up to $20-50 per day in parking revenue with decent domain names with some type-in traffic in valuable industries. This is not easy to do but it can be done, you really have to know what you are doing and looking for and I would suggest maybe trying out another parking company possibly that gives you more control over your domain name parking pages and allows you to customize them better for more relevant ranking in search engines.

Google does not rank parked domains favorably very often anymore though so don't plan on getting much search traffic unless it's a really really good old generic name that has strong pagerank to begin with and even then half the time google just delists parked pages from most providers. I have had good luck with Voodoo.com personally although the payouts are not what they used to be but then again that is more google than it is the parking company I think. Parking is not what it used to be overall, that ship sailed a few years ago but there was a time where many of us made $x,xxx per DAY parking domain names. Hard to believe but it was real, while it lasted. :cool:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as focus pointed out, "cash parking" is a godiddy thing, and it's not worth using because you have to pay them to use it.

so it's a sucker move.

also, 1 click, on a link on a parked page, can earn/pay between $0.01 >$50 or more, depending on the keywords of the domain.

it is not volume of traffic, but quality of the traffic.....that produces highest earnings.

example below, domain had 10 visitors and 4 clicks, earned $48, 40% of visitors clicked on a link, and average click paid $12.14.
eg: automobileinsurancecoverage.com 10 / 4/ 48.56 USD/ 40.00 %/ 12.14 USD/ 4,856.06 USD

imo....

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very few domainers are using Godaddy cash parking.- It's not good at all and they charge me 5 bucks a year to have the right to park with them??- Not worth it.

Last edited:

krismoell

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've parked my empty domains with Sedo. It's free, and gives me a few $$ a month.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
parkingcrew and rookmedia did not work for me.- And dns did not even take me and my domains are not crap lol.- Have been told bodis and voodoo are both fine but my revenue hasn't come up and it's even dropped sometimes.

Anyone here know Frank S. at dns and can put in a good word for me?:)

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$100 a year in parking is nothing, around $0.35 a day... I could give you the name of few domains that I have dropped that made that... Now, finding a name making $100 a month is kind of hard, but not that hard if you have the right tools and know what you are doing. Now.... $100 a day is hard or takes a lot of cash, it would have to be an old site with a lot of traffic or a generic .com...

billp3

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$100 a year in parking is nothing, around $0.35 a day... I could give you the name of few domains that I have dropped that made that...

Please forgive my ignorance, but why would you drop a domain making $100/yr in parking?

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance, but why would you drop a domain making $100/yr in parking?

Not ignorance, but good question. It could be a lot of reasons. The domain could have been a TM or questionable name and you don't want no problems, or the revenue slows down. But, I mostly drop names that are making money in parking because they were questionable names(Possible TM, Typo's, etc..) And, I prefer to stay away from those names nowadays.

Last edited:

billp3

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah, good reason! I try to stay away from those types of domains myself, so I guess that didn't cross my mind.

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even if you have a very good domain, example jesus.com, but the ads that appear on the parkpage are justin bieber ads, then most likely it does not bring in a lot of money. :D

Jdaly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain parking is pretty elusive, I wouldn't recommend focusing on it too much in the beginning as you can register a lot of names chasing parked revenue fast. Unless you have the capital to purchase a portfolio of names to test with focus your strategy elsewhere and come back to it. You need to learn the right tools to find good domains via the drops and even then it's all a numbers game (ie: this percent of purchases result in converting traffic, this percent of converting domains make enough worth keeping). If not on the drops than misspells (too risky) or generics (expensive).

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

because the renewal fee is $150.00 a year!

like some of those "premium.whatevers"

:)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators