Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

what happened to my WWD reseller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldengine

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have two domain names registered through a WWD reseller "hugedomainsale" but the URL to the reseller site is no longer active?

http://www.hugedomainsale.com

How do I manage or transfer out my names? They are both .ws domains, which probably make things even more complicated?

Is there a central place where domains registered with WWD resellers can be administered like Tucows has Open SRS?

lebeauchat

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
worldengine said:
I have two domain names registered through a WWD reseller "hugedomainsale" but the URL to the reseller site is no longer active?

http://www.hugedomainsale.com

How do I manage or transfer out my names? They are both .ws domains, which probably make things even more complicated?

Is there a central place where domains registered with WWD resellers can be administered like Tucows has Open SRS?

WWD has a default reseller account. Call (480) 624-2500 to find out where your domains are currently.

I used to know the default reseller account - but I think all the eggnog I had for Thanksgiving killed off those specific brain cells :wink:

Char
domains-4-me

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lebeauchat said:
...............I used to know the default reseller account - but I think all the eggnog I had for Thanksgiving killed off those specific brain cells :wink:

hah! funny. :cheeky:

-Joe

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try http://www.domainspricedright.com. This is the default account if the reseller who signed you up has given up their Reseller license. But there is a chance also that your Reseller be a part of a Super-Reseller network, then you have to find out who they are. The best and easiest way is to send an email inquiry to [email protected] with your domain details and you customer number. GD

netproperty

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for that link ! I had the same problem with the same reseller :)

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is he good? :p I'm wondering how people choose a reseller :)

I know I chose my own because I wanted the reseller to always give the lowest available price, and after searching through a lot of resellers, I found the only way I could be sure of always getting their lowest price is to buy one myself.

at the time, the extras like free forwarding and masking was also important, so the choice became wwd, for own use really, not for reselling. Been true to that first thought and have always had lowest price on everything :)

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why don't you use that privileged reseller:
https://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/rhp/default.asp?prog_id=dnforumdomains
Look at their .com .net and .org prices.
I am WWD reseller but I am buying com net and org from that DNF site because their retail prices are lower than my wholesale even with the special discount pricing activated for my own account in my own reseller store! :angry:

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, yuo will be the first reseller using dnforum for your own buys. Other resellers are all angry wwd discriminating and favourising resellers like this. It is violating the principles we thought they followed when we signed up. It is undefendable.

which one is your reseller btw?

ours is www.finexe.com/domains

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like 90% of the WWD resellers I used to be a WWD reseller customer and at a later stage decided to purchase the Instant Reseller. It is nothing special, just like 1000000 other WWD reseller sites.

domain_maniac

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
worldengine said:
Thanks for the help. I contacted WWD and received the following link. I was able to log into my account and manage the names from here.

https://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/shopper_lookup.asp?isc=webjsb&prog_id=kamal96
You should always be able to get the link to the reseller storefront by clicking on one of the links provided in the purchase confirmation e-mail. Those links usually point to the secureserver.net page with the reseller code in the variable "prog_id".

Another way is to go to a parked page of a domain you registered with the reseller and click on the logo. That will also point to the secureserver.net page with the correct "prog_id" variable.

Then again, contacting WWD will usually also help.

Hope this helps.
Domain Maniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom