Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale What happened to names in last week's TBR?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that this week's TBR is on.

I thought that names from the names which were to be released last week were included in this TBR.

Why is this important to me? There was one name in last week's (of all weeks!) TBR that I absolutely had to have.

Looked it up in this week's TBR... not there.

Checked to see if it's available for registration... nope. "Not available", per 10dollar.ca.

Looked on CIRA's whois... said:

"(domain) is on the "To Be Released" (TBR) list for an upcoming TBR session [2010/11/03]."

If my math is correct, 2010/11/03 was 5 days ago.

What is going on? Anybody have any idea how I can get my hands on this name which appears to not exist?

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That would drive me crazy. I feel for you but I have no answers for you. Glad i don't have any "have to have them" domains in the TBR.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i just want to know when TBR is going to happen.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here it is now Tuesday one day before the supposed drop and they still haven't got a proper list out.

CIRA - continuing their useless ways.

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There was one name in last week's (of all weeks!) TBR that I absolutely had to have.

I am in the same boat, there is one name that I really need, and it's not popular so I was hoping to just pick it up without auction. One fear is that it will end up in auction somewhere and I won't even know about it.

I can't believe that there has been no communication. :?: -> :sigh2: -> :veryangry: -> :upset:

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow..look at this

Release Date: 2010/11/17
Release Time: 14:00 and 15:00 (EST . Ottawa time)
Number of Domain Names on the List: 23588

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a list.

Didn't they originally announce no TBR until the end of November, then changed their minds and announced one for Nov 3? Seems kind of ironic that they're cancelling the ones they originally didn't plan on having.

If my memory is correct, I bet next week's will be cancelled as well and we'll have one gigantic TBR on the 24th

Edit: It was one of their FAQ's. Here's what JayDub quoted in another thread...

According to this in CIRA http://cira.ca/ca-faq/ it looks like it won't be back until late November or early December. Yikes! Should be quite a list by then. ;)
This is probably just "play safe" dating as most other sources seem to think Nov 3...

12. What is going to happen to TBR?

The TBR acquisition service at https://tbr.cira.ca/tbr will not change significantly. TBR will NOT be served over EPP service. The existing interface with all its parameters has been kept intact. However, it should be noted that Registrars do not need to provide name server (host) data or registrant id data. Providing this data will not result in an error but, the data will be ignored by the program. The TBR service will be in moratorium for a time during the migration phase. The last run will occur on Wednesday October 6th. The service will be brought back on line some time in late November or early December.

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is Cira still in business??? do they not know what is happening??? if no omg if yes then post a statement on your website DAMN!!!

Hard to stay professional with these clowns running the ship.

***Remember this for the next elections!! every single one of them has to go...this is not acceptable!!! JMO

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't even think Adam's 4000 LLL.ca are in the 23K. There likely will be more added before the end of the week so I'd say the list will crack 25K-30K (Adam LLL maybe). I was talking about the last super TBR March 2006 at our little Toronto get together on the weekend. Can't remember how many dropped at that time. Quality was better in 2006 IMHO.

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We've received notice that the first TBR will be held on November 17th.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, this has been fun, spending 6 hours going through 18,000 names, 2 hours going through this weeks, and being able to do it all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom