Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What happens after a public auction ends with no bids

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerardo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What happens after a public auction ends with no bids?

I've been searching a lot about this topic in this subforum and many other with no luck, however if this question have been previously wide answered please just paste me link and close thread...

Well, I wonder what happens in SpanNames when they grab a name and nobody have pre-ordered it so they put in on public auction starting, for example, at 9.00 US$ and after 72? hours nobody have bin on it and the auction appears as N/A Auction ended (just check for bradpick.com as an example)

Well, first of all, we cannot be really sure about if the auction ended without any bids, but just supposing... what happens then?

- do they cancel the registration and get their fee back?
- do they keep the domain for some days to test its traffic value and possible revenue?
- do they start a new auction later?

I think it is difficult to know but perhaps you have some more information.

Thank u all!
Gerardo

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the registrar drops it. At this stage, it has been 'tasted' already and marketed to potential buyers, so it will just drop for anyone to register if there are no takers. Anyway, that's how I think it works. There are snapnames experts here who'll probably reply better than I can.

gerardo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank u azooza! Any idea about how long does it take to drop it?

Any other opinion or information? ;)

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Again, I'm guessing, but I would guestimate it drops back for free registration just after a failed auction. Keep a track on bradpick.com.

gerardo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks again! I'll do it. Anyway that was just an example name so I didn't want to publish the one I liked ;) It was not a really valuable name but I liked because a specific personal reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom