Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What happens after TDNAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zona

Arizona Wildcats
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If an expired name is listed on TDNAM and does not receive any bids what happens to it next?

:noidea:

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Drop to public for manual registration.

Not quite sure that's always the case, Ive seen names get recycled back thru and wind up at the bottom of the list again - silly shit. :twitch:

Zona

Arizona Wildcats
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dsturbed - I've seen that too and that's why I asked. I thought if there were no bids then whey went back out for manual registration but I've seen some pop back up.

If they do go out for manual registration how long does it take before they are available?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure that's always the case, Ive seen names get recycled back thru and wind up at the bottom of the list again - silly shit. :twitch:

I think that only happens when a person tries to sell his own name via TDNAM then relists it.

kellypitts@alltel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If an expired name is listed on TDNAM and does not receive any bids what happens to it next?

:noidea:

After TDNAM, if it is not a Premium Domain (the domains with the Green Icon to the left), and it is not a reseller's domain, it goes to SnapNames. My Rep. at GoDaddy denies this, but I have seen it happen over 300 times probably.

If it is a Premium Domain it will be recycled and go through the drop list a second time. After that it goes to SnapNames.

However, if you do a GoDaddy backorder right after the domain "really" drops, and the backorder is done in the first four days after the drop, then the domain WILL be caught by GoDaddy and you WILL get it, and it will not go to SnapNames. The one caveat to this is if the domain did not come from Godaddy or one of its domain resellers like Wild West Domains, then the domain will end up going to SnapNames.

I learned this by hammering the reps. at GoDaddy until I figured the system out. This IS what happens.

This is my first post at DNForum - I hope this helps.

Zona

Arizona Wildcats
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kelly,

:welcome: to DNForum.

Thank you for the response. Great information.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed snap names recycles names as well. I was tracking a name (on Snap names) and initially put a snap back order in for it...but then realized that no one was going to bid on it and cancelled my order...the name is not a popular name at all...I wanted to get it at $7 not $60. The snap date came and went...No one snapped it back and I waited about a month and a half...last week it was pending delete and then today I saw it back on snap names for $60 pre order. It seems shady, but there is no regulation so they can do what ever they want to do.

I don't think anyone will try to reg it the 2nd time around so I will just wait...I don't know why they would be sitting on it...I seriously doubt the name would get more than 1 or two hits a month.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone else thought it was valuable so he ordered it at snapnames and snapnames caught it.
What is strange about this?

I noticed snap names recycles names as well. I was tracking a name (on Snap names) and initially put a snap back order in for it...but then realized that no one was going to bid on it and cancelled my order...the name is not a popular name at all...I wanted to get it at $7 not $60. The snap date came and went...No one snapped it back and I waited about a month and a half...last week it was pending delete and then today I saw it back on snap names for $60 pre order. It seems shady, but there is no regulation so they can do what ever they want to do.

I don't think anyone will try to reg it the 2nd time around so I will just wait...I don't know why they would be sitting on it...I seriously doubt the name would get more than 1 or two hits a month.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone else thought it was valuable so he ordered it at snapnames and snapnames caught it.
What is strange about this?

Wrong.

It was on snap names twice. Both times not snaped back by any customers. No one else thought it was valuable. Will it be on for a third time? we will see.

The registrar is not dropping the name and snapnames continues to try to auction it. That is strange.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You said that it was pending delete, didn't you?

Wrong.

It was on snap names twice. Both times not snaped back by any customers. No one else thought it was valuable. Will it be on for a third time? we will see.

The registrar is not dropping the name and snapnames continues to try to auction it. That is strange.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You said that it was pending delete, didn't you?

Yes, pending delete for the past month and a half...on snap names twice and never back ordered either time.

Strange.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if it will appear on snap names for a third time.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't understand. Can you please give the whois creation date and nameservers?

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't understand. Can you please give the whois creation date and nameservers?

It is with Register.com (partner of Snap names)...I can give more information when the name finally drops...I will update if the name re-appears on snap names.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you at least tell me the creation year?

You said that it was in pending delete, didn't you? Unless you mean that it on snapnames list of "pending delete" domains that could be something else.

Here is your pre-order explanation:
sex.com $60.00 N/A Pre-order now
You can pre-order any active domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom