Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What happens to domain on NameJet that has 0 bids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golan

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found one good domain for me which drops in a couple of days. Then I found it in the NameJet Pending Deletion auction. It has zero bids for now and I honestly doubt it will have any. I want this domain but not for $60. So the question is: what will happen to this domain next if it will have 0 bids in the end of the auction? Will it drop to open registration?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if no bids then maybe somebody else is watching too

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found one good domain for me which drops in a couple of days. Then I found it in the NameJet Pending Deletion auction. It has zero bids for now and I honestly doubt it will have any. I want this domain but not for $60. So the question is: what will happen to this domain next if it will have 0 bids in the end of the auction? Will it drop to open registration?

If it's not worth $60 it's not worth registering.

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It will drop and one of the ton of drop catching businesses will scoop it up if it is worth anything before you have the chance to.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it's worth $10 to you it's worth just buying it now. Grab it!

joe_socal2000

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It will drop and one of the ton of drop catching businesses will scoop it up if it is worth anything before you have the chance to.

A little off topic, but is it common for names to disappear from the auction list on namejet, presumably by the current owner bringing the registration current? I am a newbie and went to bed looking at the namejet list. When I woke up, one of the names I was eyeballing was no longer in the database. FWIW, the name was about 15 hours from the auction deadline when I went to bed.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A little off topic, but is it common for names to disappear from the auction list on namejet, presumably by the current owner bringing the registration current? I am a newbie and went to bed looking at the namejet list. When I woke up, one of the names I was eyeballing was no longer in the database. FWIW, the name was about 15 hours from the auction deadline when I went to bed.

Alot of domain holders will let their domain expire so they get eyeballs, and interest on their domain, if they see a lot of bids on their domains, they will renew them, and hope for one of those bidders to contact them directly. It is more common now than ever...

joe_socal2000

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alot of domain holders will let their domain expire so they get eyeballs, and interest on their domain, if they see a lot of bids on their domains, they will renew them, and hope for one of those bidders to contact them directly. It is more common now than ever...

Thank you. Make sense. Everyone has an angle though. It is pretty amazing how creative people get.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If it's not worth $60 it's not worth registering.

Nonsense

To a great many domainers who buy at auction, sure it might not be worth the $60, but that doesn't mean their not worth registering.

I bought a lot of domains for $60 with no other bidders and sold many of them for up to 150 times what I paid... There must be thousands of domains that drop everyday where domainers don't see the brand value, and it's end users who often do and end up registering them for $9.99 at Godaddy.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You've missed my point, Raider.

A domain must have value to justify purchasing.

If you can't profit on a $60 domain.. you've picked the wrong one.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You've missed my point, Raider.

A domain must have value to justify purchasing.

If you can't profit on a $60 domain.. you've picked the wrong one.

I understand your point quite well... You and hundreds of other domainers choose NOT to buy domains at auction that you deem as unworthy of a $60 investment. Got it!

You say it "must have value" to justify the purchase, according to what criteria?, The criteria that says if a domain has generic quality that we should invest in it, and the ones that don't we shouldn't?

I remember a long time back listing a whole bunch of non generic domains here on DNF for $250 each, nobody had any interest in them and I'm real glad they didn't because I ended up selling many of them to end users for 10 times what I was asking here... Names that you and most other domainers would deem as "not worth registering"

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I understand your point quite well... You and hundreds of other domainers choose NOT to buy domains at auction that you deem as unworthy of a $60 investment. Got it!

You say it "must have value" to justify the purchase, according to what criteria?, The criteria that says if a domain has generic quality that we should invest in it, and the ones that don't we shouldn't?

I remember a long time back listing a whole bunch of non generic domains here on DNF for $250 each, nobody had any interest in them and I'm real glad they didn't because I ended up selling many of them to end users for 10 times what I was asking here... Names that you and most other domainers would deem as "not worth registering"

Just because no one wanted purchase your domains does not mean they didn't have any value.

You're arguing for the sake of argument.

I tap out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom