Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

what has happened to Godaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used to be one of Godaddy's biggest fans. No more!
Problem after proble. I will keep my existing domains there but all new regges go to moniker or domainsite.
Their customer online support is hilarious. If the 'person' on the other end bothers to read the detailed email you send, they just send an automated response.
Their transfer process is really flawed. So much so that 2 x 20 minute calls to the US from England with their customer support people trying to enter codes...& failing doesn't sort it. Nothing will. They have had to refund (when it arrives) & i've had to tell sedo (again) we need to go elsewhere. I've transferred loads to godaddy & other registrars so i know it's them.
They've also just changed their system which is not an improvement. There are other things, but won't bore you.
the people you speak to in customer support are very nice people, i will never deny that. However their lack of knowledge is sometimes staggering.
Predator

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Their customer online support is hilarious. If the 'person' on the other end bothers to read the detailed email you send, they just send an automated response. Their transfer process is really flawed ... their lack of knowledge is sometimes staggering.

I know exactly what you mean.

BigBoss

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but GoDaddy sucks. Go to enom or moniker :tounge_smile:

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but GoDaddy sucks. Go to enom or moniker :tounge_smile:

As a newbie, I've been using GoDaddy for about a year and a half now. I just started using Moniker and I want to transfer my godaddy domains over there. After hearing this story I'm a little concerned about doing this, because of GoDaddy's unrealiability.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go to Moniker. Enom have a two-tier price structure & have a flaw in their system where domains can be 'stolen' back after transfers. There are threads on here that have covered this in detail on dnforum before.
Peronally i like domainsite & moniker at mo.
If you don't like something , vote with your feet by stop regging with them.
If moving all your domains will cost you mentally & financially just to prove a point, it's not worth it. Just don't reg new ones & email them & tell them their service is going down the pan. In fact once we're done let's post this thread via mail to the m.d
If he's got a brain he'll address some issues. After all, domainers are their biggest customers by a country mile.
Predator :pound:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with my domains in or out of godaddy to any degree, but I have faced the incompetence of one of their customer support people regarding their hosting. They are professional and well mannered, but like others have stated, their technical knowledge leaves something to be desired. But I must add, that another customer rep did fix my problem in a matter of seconds.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never had any problems transfering out of godaddy. And I am doing that a lot lately! I have transfered 1500 domains out of there!
Godaddy support is simply braindead. Don't bother.

My other problems with godaddy:
1. 60 day registrar lock after a registrant change (impossible to sell domains)
2. Strange fees charged during a UDRP/WIPO.
3. Strange fees charged when whois has a questionable field. Such as wrong telephone number. (Whether this is actually true or not!)

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My other problems with godaddy:
1. 60 day registrar lock after a registrant change (impossible to sell domains)
2. Strange fees charged during a UDRP/WIPO.
3. Strange fees charged when whois has a questionable field. Such as wrong telephone number.

Don't forget "strange fees" when you use their privacy service and someone makes an unsubstantiated complaint about your domain.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks NameJet. I just edited number 3.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't forget "strange fees" when you use their privacy service and someone makes an unsubstantiated complaint about your domain.

Yeah, that's happened to me a couple times. Not only that, they cancel your privacy service when the other party tells them you didn't contact them.

In one case I contacted the other individuals right away, and when asked by godaddy, for some reason they told them I did NOT contact them, so they went ahead and cancelled the service. (i suppose the other party was thinking that it might have been an easy way to try and steal the domain).

So if you ever come accross a domain using godaddy's privacy service, you could really be a pr**k if you wanted to...

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So if you are using the privacy service you HAVE TO reply to every email and if you don't they cancel the service???? Crazy company. Everybody should leave godaddy ASAP.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Basically what happens is this:

- Someone makes an inquiry about your domain
- godaddy charges you some fee
- godaddy (domainsbyproxy) tells you who asked
- you have x number of days to get a hold of them
- godaddy confirms with them whether or not you did contact them
- if you didn't, your privacy service is cancelled

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Basically what happens is this:

- Someone makes an inquiry about your domain
- godaddy charges you some fee
- godaddy (domainsbyproxy) tells you who asked
- you have x number of days to get a hold of them
- godaddy confirms with them whether or not you did contact them
- if you didn't, your privacy service is cancelled

That's NICE (insert sarcasm here)...you're basically guilty no matter what you say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom