Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What I have never understood

Status
Not open for further replies.

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SEDO is the only PPC provider to only pay for the first click that I know of maybe there are others please post who they are in here.

Why would anyone park with a company that only pays 1 click? On Parked,ND, Fabulous I get more than one click per unique. So why does anyone use a company where they know they are at a disadvantage?

alex75

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe all the people using sedo are either newbies or people not caring for the money generated off PPC ads and just looking to sell domain names.

However it's a shame that an awful company like Sedo got a kinda monopoly on auctioning names indeed.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are hundreds of pro domainers using sedo, which I can't understand either. Does Sedo pro pay for only 1 click as well?

nubhost

Level 4
Reaction score
well what pays for more than one click, google adds right?, oh yeah and ypn

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
almost all parking services. ND, PARKED, DS to name a few

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its more about sales than it is about parking. The fact that SEDO can negotiate the sales and have sales pages in a multitude on languages is what attracts the parkers and buyers. This ability to target a broader market and therefore attract more potential buyers and of course a visitor is more likely to click a link if it is in their own language.

That being said, my own analytics paint a different picture. I parked with SEDO for over a year and by comparison I sold more outside of SEDO.

SEDO still get into the top "PUBLISHED" sales list each month on DNJ yet they do not even account for 1% of the monthly brokered domain sales across the world.

It all comes to personal preference, parking programs by their very nature are dishonest especially when you have the human element of it involved. You just have to choose who you trust more.

I know without a doubt that there is a greater element of dishonesty and unethical behaviour in programs that offer a sales platform, its a conflict on interests. And SEDO have proven to be one of the most unethical programs out there, perhaps I should word that as having the most unethical employees as its their actions that have given rise to questionable ethics.

I would hope as a company they have a more ethical approach, but the rollercoaster revenue and guesstimated CPC really does bring that into question also.

If you dont like them then dont use them, I still every now and then throw a bone or two at them by parking or selling a domain, but everytime they prove me right, its like a disease with them.

Without a doubt the revenue on programs like NameDrive or Parked beat SEDO hands down when you have properly optimized your domains.

By all means list your domains for sale at Sedo and AfterNIC but to avoid the conflict of interest; park them elsewhere. Both NameDrive and Parked allow you to have a forsale link on each of your domains that can link back to SEDO, AfterNIC (sales pages) or any other sales platform you wish to link to.

SEDO will never change unless people like you change programs.

SEDO is like Marmite, you either love'em or you hate'em

alex75

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its more about sales than it is about parking. The fact that SEDO can negotiate the sales and have sales pages in a multitude on languages is what attracts the parkers and buyers. This ability to target a broader market and therefore attract more potential buyers and of course a visitor is more likely to click a link if it is in their own language.

That being said, my own analytics paint a different picture. I parked with SEDO for over a year and by comparison I sold more outside of SEDO.

SEDO still get into the top "PUBLISHED" sales list each month on DNJ yet they do not even account for 1% of the monthly brokered domain sales across the world.

It all comes to personal preference, parking programs by their very nature are dishonest especially when you have the human element of it involved. You just have to choose who you trust more.

I know without a doubt that there is a greater element of dishonesty and unethical behaviour in programs that offer a sales platform, its a conflict on interests. And SEDO have proven to be one of the most unethical programs out there, perhaps I should word that as having the most unethical employees as its their actions that have given rise to questionable ethics.

I would hope as a company they have a more ethical approach, but the rollercoaster revenue and guesstimated CPC really does bring that into question also.

If you dont like them then dont use them, I still every now and then throw a bone or two at them by parking or selling a domain, but everytime they prove me right, its like a disease with them.

Without a doubt the revenue on programs like NameDrive or Parked beat SEDO hands down when you have properly optimized your domains.

By all means list your domains for sale at Sedo and AfterNIC but to avoid the conflict of interest; park them elsewhere. Both NameDrive and Parked allow you to have a forsale link on each of your domains that can link back to SEDO, AfterNIC (sales pages) or any other sales platform you wish to link to.

SEDO will never change unless people like you change programs.

SEDO is like Marmite, you either love'em or you hate'em

You are absolutely right. Some more people should understand that they could just "add" their domains to Sedo but to park them somewhere else and to make WAY MORE revenue. I estimate that the revenue that the customers of Sedo are generating there, could be even the 5,000% more if parked somewhere else! I just don't get why to park at Sedo.

And I am sure Sedo messes up with the stats. When I first joined, I had all the clicks worth €0.03. All of them without exception, for a month or so. Even if the domains were optimized for other keywords. The same thing happened to many, many people that I know have parked their domains there.

Well, at some other parking companies, like Parked, ND or TrafficZ, just to name a few, I got some clicks worth even more than $15 (each!) on some specifically optimized domains with good traffic.

The fact that Sedo pays just for the first click is stealing, in my opinion, and a LOT of money! Hey, if I get two $3 clicks I wanna get paid a % on them and on each one of them! Afterall, Sedo are getting paid by Google for ALL the clicks. So, why to pay just for the first? It's just not fair and it's stealing money from the Domainers.

I also have some domains "at Sedo", however they are ALL, without exception, parked and generating revenue somewhere else, and for somebody else too. My domains are at Sedo just for the potential sales. Which by the way they seem handle in a very odd way, placing bids on their own, retracting them and so on...

I prefer to split the revenue that I make with somebody else rather than to get robbed (sorry but I felt I was) by them. There is no way that a Parking Company using their same feed (Adsense for Domains or AFD) is earning me a darn lot more than Sedo with the same domains and kind of traffic!

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I moved ez-lenders.com from SedoPro to DomainSponsor a couple of weeks ago... domain gets a little traffic, not a TON, so I figured it would be a safe "experiement" to see the differences in CTR.

Sedo paid MAX .39 cents for my largest click ever and of course, NEVER more than one click per visitor.

Domain Sponsor paid a Whopping $4.11 click in the first few days. $4.11 CLICK!!! ONE CLICK!!!

That's pretty significant. All I can say is WOW!

From my understanding, Sedo is one of the only Parking Companies that will pay for Foregin Traffic, is that correct? Having the site auto-optimize in different languages is a STONG selling point for Sedo/SedoPro. Hard to walk away from.

But... a $4 click (singular, one click) is unheard of at Sedo.

Makes you think....

GoPC

alex75

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From my understanding, Sedo is one of the only Parking Companies that will pay for Foregin Traffic, is that correct? Having the site auto-optimize in different languages is a STONG selling point for Sedo/SedoPro. Hard to walk away from.

If you mean that they are the ONLY ones that pays for foreign traffic, it's not true. Almost all the Parking Website does.

If you search for an auto-optimize feature, try to use Active Audience or Imonetize and you'd be AMAZED by the results.

I am doing great at Active Audience. I once had a click worth $20 (yep twenty dollars, ONE Click). Hey, Sedo, I will move with you if you will top this, will you?

How about getting close to it maybe? 1/10 of this...? No? Can't you do this? You'd earn too little if you will?

Nevermind, I am stuck with everybody but you, Sedo, anyway...

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do you get on with Active Audience... I have found that they NEVER answer their emails or respond to their CS forms. What happens if I need to talk with them about something REALLY important?

GoPC

alex75

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh but they have who I think it's the owner on here. If I really need to talk with them I just PM him.

So far I PMed him twice and he always resolved my issues very fastly and very professionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom