Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What is 1000 Default Homepages Worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim

I am in a position to repurpose about 1000 desktops to end users. In the process of the deployment, I would have to opportunity to set the default homepage to anywhere. It would be generally localized to my area of the state.

(These are corporate donations going to community centers, churches, low income families.)

Is it worth anything to someone and who?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Set them to my site! :)

Really though, should you be accepting money to set another company's homepage(s)?

DropMarket

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think, personally, as long as it's a valuable resource to the likely "end user" it should be acceptable. Taking cash for your time to "set" them up seems fair.

Just my 2 cents.

Rgds
MAtt

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jim said:
I am in a position to repurpose about 1000 desktops to end users. In the process of the deployment, I would have to opportunity to set the default homepage to anywhere. It would be generally localized to my area of the state.

(These are corporate donations going to community centers, churches, low income families.)

Is it worth anything to someone and who?
My take is that: MAKE SURE it is not only legal but also ethical. When you work on the 1,000 or so desktops of end-users, you are supposed to work (paid or voluntary) in the best interest of your client(s). So when you "have the opportunity to set the default homepage", is it a necessary or normal procedure to do so. In other words, do you NEED to set (or reset) the default homepage to anywhere (else)? Are you supposed to leave the default homepage to wherever it is ("as is"), either MSN or blank? Is it in the best interest of your client(s) to reset it? Is it just FUN or personal preference (e.g. Google instead of MSN)?

The bottom line is: WHATEVER the answers to these questions, it is unethical (I suspect it's even illegal) to take any sort of benefit in return and set the default homepage to anywhere except perhaps those of the corporations and/or community organizations involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom