Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What is going on with avg. PPC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

remf

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

My average PPC is going mental - it's completely bizarre.

On Tuesday 12th, my average PPC was $0.12 - which is fairly normal - I average between 0.9 and 0.12c on a day to day basis. This is largely down to the domains I have in my portfolio.

On Wednesday 13th though, my average CPC decreased from 0.12c the day before to $0.06, considerably decreasing my daily earnings.

Then yesterday, the 14th the average CPC was back up to $0.13. Now unless on the 12th, advertisers suddenly decided to drop the amount they were paying then something weird is happening here.

What's more odd is that on the 12th when my average CPC dropped to $0.06 I had more clicks that day then I have had ever. Indeed, it was up by about 15% on the previous day - yet the average CPC decreased by 50%.

Has anyone else noticed this slump? I find it quite odd that things jump about quite so much - is it a common theme that everyone is noticing at the moment?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that is completely normal, some days they click on ads in the 3rd or 4th position instead of the number 1 position, sometimes large advertisers shift campaigns to different keywords or providers, all kinds of things can create these swings.

remf

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, fair point, but it seems odd that on a day when my CTR is 4-5% higher than it normally is, everyone is clicking the ad that is in position 3-4. Seems quite a drop from normal play, just wanted to see if anyone else was seeing a similar trend.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, fair point, but it seems odd that on a day when my CTR is 4-5% higher than it normally is, everyone is clicking the ad that is in position 3-4. Seems quite a drop from normal play, just wanted to see if anyone else was seeing a similar trend.

an advertiser could have titled his ad exactly what you visitors are looking for , but the ad might be in the 3rd postion or lower., so more clicks because of the ad is targeted , but lower payout because of positioning of the ad.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with you...something is seriously wrong at the moment with the PPC payment rate...Namedriver perhaps needs to explain this here!

chumba

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The 14th was a very strange day as my PPC was also at $.06 and normally runs between .13 and .18. Many clicks - across the spectrum - were .02, and that's very rare. (thought I was back at Sedo when I first saw the numbers. :eek:)

Also having trouble logging in today, as well.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone clicking low paying ads could be a reason or,
if the daily visitors are constant and clicks are up, your "customers" could have clicked on the 1st ad(big$$$), the 2nd ad(meduim money), AND then clicked the 3rd ad(lowest payment.)
This could be why clicks are up but revenue per click is down.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

There is, I believe, a fairly simple explanation for this. Anyone who has been with us for a while will know that occasionally, a click bot gets through our radar and we count clicks which we receive no earnings from Google. These are then automatically set to $0.02 as we receive no earnings data from Google for them. This will then explain why on the affected days, you have an increase in clicks and a decrease in PPC. These clicks were a click bot which did not earn anything with Google.
As we are the only program which actually shows the earnings relayed to us by Google for each click, on other programs, you would not notice bot clicks as anything other than a normal click as they will use their same "historical" click price data for the PPC.

I hope this explains the situation, feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Ed

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

There is, I believe, a fairly simple explanation for this. Anyone who has been with us for a while will know that occasionally, a click bot gets through our radar and we count clicks which we receive no earnings from Google.

Please explain what a Click Bot is and how common they are. Are ClickBots used by many of your customers to inflate traffic?

Or are you referring mostly to very common url's reported as visits by stats programs, such as 63.163.102.180 and 20 nearby IP range numbers, plus twtelecom.net and oversee.net and a few others who routinely and very frequently visit so many sites for unknown and mysterious reasons? P.S. Those are not spiders by search engines but something else from what I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom