Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What is it with Koreans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spietreser

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've read a lot that Koreans and HongKongese seem to be able to grab a big part of the dropping domain names. Do they have better internet connections or just better domain grabbing software??

Ok, I know that Ultsearch is from Hong Kong and that they grab alot of names. But it seems there are others as wel...

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's only till the next group of smart programers from another country comes along - it's a big world :)

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are useless free scripts but as I said useless. domain grabbing business is not easy you need to learn it step by step. First try to register a API service and try their API. After that you can order your own scripts to some programmers and use that. Once you see the picture you will figure out why koreans are good at this: better programming and better connection and a not ICANN registerered registrar who can sell u a RRP.

crabby

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Personally, I believe it is because of registrars like Yesnic, who merrily gamed the system, to the max, for .info and .biz. If similarly low ethics are used to work the dropped names game, that wouldn't surprise me.

M

mole

Originally posted by crabby
Personally, I believe it is because of registrars like Yesnic, who merrily gamed the system, to the max, for .info and .biz. If similarly low ethics are used to work the dropped names game, that wouldn't surprise me.

Yes, do not expect any ethics in this game. Becoming a registrar is really simple, and there is little ICANN does to police the system.

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mole's post is on target, as usual.

If you want to see who gets the best names, follow the money.

The only good I can see from the WLS proposal is that it
may curb some of the corruption. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom