Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What Is Ppc Arbitrage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PPC Arbitrage would be buying ads on Google adwords and then sending the traffic to a ppc page.

Example: buying the keyword 'remove spyware' and sending the traffic to worm.com

-=DCG=-

gorilla_bob

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks DCG,

I think I understand that...but I'm still confused on how one would be able to make money. This is what I'm thinking..

Let's say I purchase Adwords for "remove spyware" at $2.00 a click...then when a visitor clicks on my ad i get charged $2 but they go to my site "worm.com"

When the visitor is there, he may or may not click on the ads...if he doesn't i lose out. But i'm thinking that even if he does, then I would only get a percentage from my adsense ppc ads...like for instance 20%...so I'm still confused on how i would be able to make money...since each visitor would have to click several ads on my site just so that I could break even.

Am I missing something here?

- Bob

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of articles.

http://frankschilling.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/03/web_20_sparkle_.html
http://blog.domaintools.com/2007/03/search-engine-arbitrage-pros-and-cons/

If you are unfamiliar with Frank Schilling, he is considered a "guru" by many, perhaps even a god to some, and many take each word he says as gospel.

Personally, I take it all in stride and with a grain of salt. If Frank didn't make his money that way then he doesn't like it.

The gist of Arbitrage is redirecting you Google Adwords to another domain that would pay more than the $2.00 per click but can be ultimately very costly on the front end. Yes, supposedly you can make money, but as the article points out is spending $2mil worth making $2.2Mil?

Just like the stock market and mutual funds, HIGH RISK = HIGH YIELD/HIGH LOSES.

Still some interesting points raised on both sides of the coin and worthwhile reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom