Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What is "registrar-lock"? To do with a UDRP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
According to www.Whois.sc one of my domains has the status "registrar-lock" and I cannot change its NS or update its Whois info.
I suspect there is a pending UDRP and have not been notified yet.
If a UDRP has been filed does anyone know how long until I am notified or what the problem could be?

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
my registrar makes me unlock domain before changing whois details to protect my names from changing ownership info or admin contacts because essentialy once they are changed its much easier to move steal a name, registrar lock is controlled by you at registrar level, all my domains say registrar-lock at whois.sc

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hitpro said:
According to www.Whois.sc one of my domains has the status "registrar-lock" and I cannot change its NS or update its Whois info.
I suspect there is a pending UDRP and have not been notified yet.
If a UDRP has been filed does anyone know how long until I am notified or what the problem could be?

You would not see the domain in your account if there was a pending UDRP.. Registrar-Lock is exactly what it says (domain is locked at registrar) all this means is that you can not transfer it to another registrar.. you can simply unlock it.

Its nothing to worry about.. 90% of .coms are registrar locked. Its to protect you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom