Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What is Sedo doing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
About 4 hours ago I received an offer on Sedo for News.st. It was low-ball as most generally are on Sedo, only $300. I thought about how to reply to such a 'low-ball' offer, was it eeven worth it? After all if you put a counter offer in it ties you up contractually for 7 days!

In the end I decide to issue a counter offer, 'nothing ventured - nothing gained' being the motto. So about an hour after receiving the offer I issued my counter offer, a straight forward purchase of $350k or $150k and put into auction. I explained the real possibilities of this domain as I always do.

Then about 30 minutes ago I received an email saying that the potential buyer had cancelled negotiations. Fine, nothing wrong with that at all, this is a free business.

But according to Sedo my counter offer apparently has not even been sent to the potential buyer! Indeed my counter offer is still being reviewed by Sedo Staff! Well how then has the potential buyer cancelled the negotiations? Unless of course it was Sedo?

I have never known counter-offers at Sedo with comments to be handled and passed within the same day, let alone within 2 hours. But this is a first.
Did the buyer withdraw his original offer (which according to Sedo TOS he is legally bound to for 7 days from making the offer)? Or was this Sedo as the potential buyer? Some questions need to be answered here. So I hope the Sedo members here look into this and make a public statement (I will only publish a PM from them anyway).

Was this potential buyer allowed to withdraw their offer? (Against Sedo TOS)

Any ideas or possible explanations from other members here on this weird set of events would be greatly appreciated. This is new even for Sedo.

Domain Days 2024

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Bill,
yes you're right, Sedo are normally terrible with reviewing & take ages, but i've noticed they're a lot quicker on it at the moment.
I'm pretty sure sedo users can cancel negotiatiations once they get the figure back. They don't need to wait for the comment to be reviewed.
I'm pretty sure on this.
Hope this helps.
Cheers pal,
Pred ;)

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I experienced the same recently but in the end there seemed to be a logical explanation: The bidder cancelled because he decided the counteroffer was way above his expectations. He cancelled without reading the comments I posted, they were under review and invisible.

How do I know this? Two days after the bidding was over the bidder sent an email to my admin-contact email and asked for an explanation of the counteroffer.

shaggyboy75

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well,we have to make the presumption that sedo (or one of its affiliate or partner) buys and park domains too, unless they expressly quoted somewhere that they do not and that they will not.
not sure that appraisals made by sedo (a potential buyer) are so reliable.

i might be wrong.

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actually, these days, the comments are posted instantly (at least in my transactions) on Sedo. You no longer have to wait for their review of comments in counter offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom