Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What Is the Best You've Done On E-Bay, With Domains or Otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you've had some success with eBay, either domains or merchandise, would you share some of your experiences and/or techniques?

I'm going to take a serious stab at doing some selling business on eBay. I've sold domains before, but am going to start offering merchandise.

The best I've done is sold a domain for 2K from there, but that was two years ago.

Thanks ahead of time for your advice.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is it best to start at $50 and hope to find at least on buyer. Or start at $5 and hope they get bid up.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
eBay is currently not the best place for high sales. For middle to low range, it will suffice.

Like Gomains, my biggest single sales were in 2000, but my largest total sales were in 2002 - I can't disclose any figures :D

Gomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys. Anyone one with merchandise selling experience?

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gomains... I sold and still do sell used computers, camera/photo stuff and other misc goods. I did well. I know lots of guys making a killing at it but its like any other business. . . .hard work. The worst part is answering all the emails if you do high volumes by yourself, not to mention packing/shipping and tracking everything. When I started the competition was small now ebay is super saturated with sellers which drove prices down, so I bailed on doing it full time. I do it now and again for fun, spare change, or when I have a huge profit margin item.

anon

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought a .co.uk domain for £50 on there earlier this year and was about to cut my losses and put it back on there to try and make back at least some of what I paid when I got offered £1,000 for it.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Latest one... $28 for a name i regged a day before for $8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom