Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What is the most recognizable domain sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
W was traveling to Cleveland last Tuesday and I heard a commercial on a national Fox radio show. The domain used on the commercial struck me as kind of odd. So I went to a client site on Wednesday and thought I would play a hunch. I looked up the website and sure enough, the domain I heard on the radio was a domain which I sold back in June.

I sold postured.com thinking it was a odd one word type of name. It turns out that the company I sold the name to was selling Posture-D using the domain name as thier main reference for thier product. I told the wife about it and she didn't believe me. Well, on the way home last night, we heard that commercial about 5 times in an hour and a half.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? I thought it would be interesting.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold LQ.com. You think radio commercials are bad. My problem is that I have to sit through TV commercials for La Quinta. :sad:

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
I sold LQ.com. You think radio commercials are bad. My problem is that I have to sit through TV commercials for La Quinta. :sad:

You probably scream every time you see one too.

:eek:

-bob

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNQuest.com
I sold postured.com thinking it was a odd one word type of name. It turns out that the company I sold the name to was selling Posture-D using the domain name as thier main reference for thier product.

Nothing to my knowledge that I have sold has turned up on any commercials.

I do however, periodically go back and type in the names of domain that I sold to see what ever became of them.

The one that looks the bes was: www.iih.org

-Bob

Sportacle

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

Ouch, greg!

While not a similar story, I turned down $100K offered to me by a technology firm - for a two letter .com. The problem was, I had just sold tycoon.com for $150K and greed had set in. I asked for $150K from the tech company (thinking that they'll go to $125 or so), and the negotiations ended. The ended up buying another domain.

I figured, who the heck starts negotiations at $100K, this must be the lower end of what they were willing to pay. The company was large enough, and well known, so I knew this would get serious. I tried to play games and don't sleep well thinking about it. Good story for those who start the "Should I Sell?" threads here at dnforum.

Lesson learned.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice name Andrew :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom